Lott on Chancellor (and Thomas and Easley)

Throwdown

Reaction score
He called it when he said that Thomas and Chancellor would be playing in a SB lol

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Easley's coverage skills were a LOT like ET's, and his size/physicality was in the same neighborhood as Chancellor, but the lack Chancellor's physical mass was his undoing.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The old 49ers were actually likable. Montana, Rice, Lott, Jones, etc.

It is high praise for Kam, but I think it's very deserving.

HawkWow

Reaction score
scutterhawk":x4fv0rw8 said:
Easley's coverage skills were a LOT like ET's, and his size/physicality was in the same neighborhood as Chancellor, but the lack Chancellor's physical mass was his undoing.

In his era, Easley was as big as Kam is in today's. Spot on about his coverage skills, Scutter, and at Kams size (then), the fact he returned punts was incredible. Imagine someone Kam's size returning a punt today. That was Kenny Easley.

Kenny was physical to the end and our team doctors were his undoing. Greatest Hawk ever? I think so. At least for now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2r14zhjv said:

Totally agree. They use to come to Hawaii for their ring ceremonies. Conducted themselves with absolute class. But that was then.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1zsdse14 said:

More than sir, before I moved to Washington to college those 49ers were my team. Classy, physical, good. Remind you of some team in the PNW?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Lott, a class act, is also very fond of Pete Carroll:

"My time with the Jets were -- we had a great time," Lott told Newsday on Super Bowl radio row on Friday. "I had a great time because I was with Pete Carroll."

Lott, best known as a hard-hitting defensive back with the San Francisco 49ers, played for the Jets from 1993-94, his final two seasons in the NFL.
"One of the reasons I wanted to play with the Jets is I wanted to play for Pete," he said. "I wanted to learn more about the game of football and I thought he was a great teacher. So for me -- he was the defensive coordinator one year and head coach the following year -- it was great."

Lott said he is not surprised that Carroll has risen to the pinnacle of NFL coaching with his first Super Bowl appearance.

"He's a climber," Lott said. "He's a guy who perseveres. He's always been a guy who's wanted to go to the top. He's been working at this a long time -- this is not just a one-year wonder. He's been working at this for a lot of years trying to create a solution around how to do build a great organization. He's trying to put those components in right now."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ ... -1.6918899

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Yup that was me that made a thread about this back in January :)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":xstadf2w said:
scutterhawk":xstadf2w said:

In his era, Easley was as big as Kam is in today's. Spot on about his coverage skills, Scutter, and at Kams size (then), the fact he returned punts was incredible. Imagine someone Kam's size returning a punt today. That was Kenny Easley.

Kenny was physical to the end and our team doctors were his undoing. Greatest Hawk ever? I think so. At least for now.
Yep, Kenny was/is my favorite Seahawk.
It's only my meager opinion, but I thought his frame was a little light (especially throughout his hips) for the hits that he delivered.
And you are correct, those quack-doctors should have been sent packing for prescribing the medication that destroyed his kidneys.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":2kj1mzl7 said:
scutterhawk":2kj1mzl7 said:

We usually agree Wow, but not this time. Big Walt IMO with Largent and Easley tied for #2.......for now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1a14elqu said:
HawkWow":1a14elqu said:
scutterhawk":1a14elqu said:

We usually agree Wow, but not this time. Big Walt IMO with Largent and Easley tied for #2.......for now.

It's almost unfair to all other Hawks to include Walt in such conversations, SD1. I think Scutter and I were referring to human-Hawks. So good was Walt that someone smarter than I could tell you why he was the best football player to ever play the game. In short...you're cheating with your Walt pick, bro. ; )

With all respect to the great Steve Largent, I would put Easley over Largent. I mean, just look at the QBs Largent had. How could he not catch TDs? J/K.

I have a hunch we might be watching the greatest Hawk ever, right now. Unsure who it is, but he's young, he's won a SB and he's a pro-bowler. Pretty good start (whoever it is).

HawkWow

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3dyq8l5l said:
Well gee thanks for narrowing that down HW.:)

I genuinely have no idea, MHG. Russ seems obvious, but it's possible he won't get the numbers that would allow him to surpass..uh, whomever comes after Walt. Same is likely to happen with Sherm. Us hardcore would still consider them, but the masses likely would not. Earl is my frontrunner and if he caught every ball he's had his hands on, I don't think there'd be much debate.

HansGruber

Reaction score
scutterhawk":26dknrv2 said:
HawkWow":26dknrv2 said:
scutterhawk":26dknrv2 said:

Yep, Kenny was/is my favorite Seahawk.
It's only my meager opinion, but I thought his frame was a little light (especially throughout his hips) for the hits that he delivered.
And you are correct, those quack-doctors should have been sent packing for prescribing the medication that destroyed his kidneys.

Actually, the reason he suffered kidney failure was due to long-term ibuprofen overdosage. Ibuprofen is very hard on your kidneys, and you should not take more than 800mg as a day. Kenny Easley was popping handfuls of them at a time. From what I've read and heard, Easley refused to take the painkillers the Seahawks doctors were trying to give him because he didn't like how opiates affected his mental acuity.

Just another reason he is, and will probably always be, one of my favorite all-time Seahawks. It's hard to put him above Largent and Russell, but he's right there with them.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":3jgrm1ya said:
hawksfansinceday1":3jgrm1ya said:
HawkWow":3jgrm1ya said:
scutterhawk":3jgrm1ya said:

It's almost unfair to all other Hawks to include Walt in such conversations, SD1. I think Scutter and I were referring to human-Hawks. So good was Walt that someone smarter than I could tell you why he was the best football player to ever play the game. In short...you're cheating with your Walt pick, bro. ; ) ..........
Yeah OK, I can get with that. :D