Town hall going on now......On .com

Jville

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

MB12

Reaction score
Confirmation of Percy being kick returner

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Has anyone asked about the possibililty of Percy or C Mic. running the ol' Statue of Liberty yet?

Also, how long does Pete intend to win for, into his 80's? 90's? Forever?????

MB12

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":31s5ju36 said:
Has anyone asked about the possibililty of Percy or C Mic. running the ol' Statue of Liberty yet?

Also, how long does Pete intend to win for, into his 80's? 90's? Forever?????

Most of the questions have been frustrating. Pete hasn't answered questions yet though... Bevell and Quinn are done

Jville

Reaction score
Nice Town Hall Meeting. :th2thumbs:

Pete's statements about the considerable growth of Earl Thomas over the past four years he has been in the program was insightful. Spoke of Thomas' considerable growth both as a man, a leader and a player. Looking forward to hearing more about the progress of others. There is always something new to look forward to and learn from.

I enjoy the ongoing process of personal and professional development. And clearly, the program in place with the Seattle Seahawks ..... works.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Pretty sweet, my "big" twitter question to Dan Quinn on how to defend mobile QBs got asked :D. It even got a response by Pete Carroll with him saying Dan "shuddered" at the thought of answering my question, "what do you do about a mobile QB?" lol. Needless to say, I'm a happy 12 to be a part of this :D

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2vfndpv0 said:
Pretty sweet, my "big" twitter question to Dan Quinn on how to defend mobile QBs got asked :D. It even got a response by Pete Carroll with him saying Dan "shuddered" at the thought of answering my question, "what do you do about a mobile QB?" lol. Needless to say, I'm a happy 12 to be a part of this :D

Congratulations on your query being chosen! :thirishdrinkers:

So, what do we do about a mobile quarterback?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":posxhn9p said:
Recon_Hawk":posxhn9p said:

It was essentially answered in that they want to continue to play their own style of disciplined football. However, I think that answer is contingent on having the athletes that we have that can chase down mobile QBs while not varying too much from what we do best. It's contingent on being a fast defense, basically.

That isn't to say that we don't throw in wrinkles, as Quinn said, but for defenses that close quickly there is some mitigation that takes place, which is really the ultimate goal as a defense. That mantra "You have to deal with us" sort of embodies that.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1w5uepq9 said:
Recon_Hawk":1w5uepq9 said:

lol well I think Quinn was right in that it's a big question to answer.

vin.couve12's response covered it pretty well. Quinn also answered that they like to add a spy QB to the gameplan (from my own observation, exactly what they did with Bruce Irvin against the 49ers). He also said they like to alter pass rush lanes to open things up for the speedy defenders who can chase down those QBs and that they will try and force right-handed QBs to the left where they aren't as strong of passers.

Ultimately, there's no easy answer. Pete mentioned how hard it is with mobile QBs. "It's the most difficult element to defend in football because it's so chaotic for a defense".

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1o75gs4o said:
400WattHPSHawk":1o75gs4o said:
Recon_Hawk":1o75gs4o said:

It was essentially answered in that they want to continue to play their own style of disciplined football. However, I think that answer is contingent on having the athletes that we have that can chase down mobile QBs while not varying too much from what we do best. It's contingent on being a fast defense, basically.

That isn't to say that we don't throw in wrinkles, as Quinn said, but for defenses that close quickly there is some mitigation that takes place, which is really the ultimate goal as a defense. That mantra "You have to deal with us" sort of embodies that.

Quinn also said it depends on the QB and their tendencies. Sometimes we may use a spy or shift rush lanes to cut off escape routes/funnel where he goes. Also, if they see on film a QB is not as good (ie. throwing while running to their left) then they will design pressures to force him to do that.