3-4

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
We keep hearing how awesome our linebacking core is in camp. I propose that we run a 3-4 defense with Mebane and Williams (lots of beef in the middle) with Wagner, Toomer, Wright and Irvin/Smith in the middle. To me the signing of Williams is more of an insurance policy for injuries in the middle and it doesn't seem like our coaches have as much confidence on 1st and 2nd downs stopping the run. Of course on 3rd down we can transition into the nascar package but the Williams signing gave me a little more concern than relief. Signing a 33 year old journeyman is not the M.O. of the Snyder/Carroll regime. I really think our linbacking core can be as good as anyone this year and I don't see how we can leave any of these guys on the sidelines when we have depth questions up the middle. GO HAWKS!!!

Basis4day

Reaction score
They're going to keep running a 4-3 with the Leo. It's the scheme Pete runs and the way our team is built.

I don't know where you're getting the impression that the coaches are worried about stopping the run. All that the signing of Williams indicates is that they want competition to sort out the D-Line as we transition from Clem and Red.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
One of the greatest defenses of all time, and you want to change things?

Tumblr m5nchdmmg71qcwic6

Maxman186

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":173pblyc said:
Signing a 33 year old journeyman is not the M.O. of the Snyder/Carroll regime.

I wouldn't call Williams a Journeyman, He was once one of the best DT in the league and he still has some Gas left in the tank

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Maxman186":3016yt29 said:
seahawk12thman":3016yt29 said:
Signing a 33 year old journeyman is not the M.O. of the Snyder/Carroll regime.

I wouldn't call Williams a Journeyman, He was once one of the best DT in the league and he still has some Gas left in the tank

Not to mention the term journeyman refers to a player that has had several stops throughout his career. Williams was in Minnesota through his whole career.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Yes! A 3-4 thread. Training camp is around the corner.

Who wants to start a throwback uniform thread?

sutz

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2ytbyqet said:

We should start a beard thread. They seem all the rage in baseball this year.

:twisted:

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Journeyman in the sense that he has been in the league a long time and it has been a long journey for him. I agree that Pete sticks to what works but he also finds a way to put his best players on the field, If Toomer is playing at a high level, who sits? Smith? Irvin? Toomer? Easy to be critical but if they stick to the 4-3 some very good to great players are going to sit.

drdevin

Reaction score
for a 3-4 to work- the lb's need to be on the larger side of 245-250's. Smith would get steamrolled.

Subzero717

Reaction score
sutz":2th4qfx6 said:
CALIHAWK1":2th4qfx6 said:

We should start a beard thread. They seem all the rage in baseball this year.

:twisted:
what is baseball?

Tical21

Reaction score
I think if we really want to be good and get the most out of our players, we need to switch Kam to linebacker. What do you think?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tical21":1gf2j2dp said:
I think if we really want to be good and get the most out of our players, we need to switch Kam to linebacker. What do you think?

Not until we move ET to Nickel Corner where he can really excel.

Jville

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":zkpoizsb said:
Journeyman in the sense that he has been in the league a long time and it has been a long journey for him. I agree that Pete sticks to what works but he also finds a way to put his best players on the field, If Toomer is playing at a high level, who sits? Smith? Irvin? Toomer? Easy to be critical but if they stick to the 4-3 some very good to great players are going to sit.

You might check the recent Dan Quinn interview via KJR. It's a good one already linked here >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93544[/urltargetblank]

Quinn mentions the nickel package as their most common package last year. Also mentions that they will use the Bear 34 again this year when needed. I found it interesting that the two rookie linebackers added, Kevin Pierre-Louis and Horace Miller, are both big safety sized. Six foot and 236 or so with low to mid 4.4 DB speed and quickness.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3uwhopst said:

Don't give em any ideas. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tical21":1jfvj9vn said:
I like cheese!

chris98251

Reaction score
Yep another 3 - 4 thread, we also need a convert Wilson to a option receiver thread and have Harvin throw passes in misdirection, oh and lets line up Sherman on offense and convert our TE's to H backs so we don't need a Fullback at all.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":34iowx1b said:
Yep another 3 - 4 thread, we also need a convert Wilson to a option receiver thread and have Harvin throw passes in misdirection, oh and lets line up Sherman on offense and convert our TE's to H backs so we don't need a Fullback at all.

I like where your head is at.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":34otz21h said:
We keep hearing how awesome our linebacking core is in camp. I propose that we run a 3-4 defense with Mebane and Williams (lots of beef in the middle) with Wagner, Toomer, Wright and Irvin/Smith in the middle. To me the signing of Williams is more of an insurance policy for injuries in the middle and it doesn't seem like our coaches have as much confidence on 1st and 2nd downs stopping the run. Of course on 3rd down we can transition into the nascar package but the Williams signing gave me a little more concern than relief. Signing a 33 year old journeyman is not the M.O. of the Snyder/Carroll regime. I really think our linbacking core can be as good as anyone this year and I don't see how we can leave any of these guys on the sidelines when we have depth questions up the middle. GO HAWKS!!!
Did you propose this to Pete?

Latest posts