Wyman on 3-4 vs 4-3 defenses

Jville

Reaction score
Excellent takes being posted by all. Very useful posts.

I'm keeping an eye on whether Sean Desai stays or leaves for another opportunity.

In my opinion, the "too many cooks" question has yet to be fully resolved with respect to preferences among the defensive coaching staff.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
This is an interesting podcast discussion. It reviews, among other things, various defensive schemes that were deployed during the year. Including the 24 nickle, 33 nickle and 42 nickle. Lots of stats talked about w/ Sports Information Solutions identified as source.

The point is made that, just as last year was Clint Hurtt's first year as defensive coordinator, last year was also Damione Lewis's first year as the primary line coach.

Need to get back to Rugby Tackling.

Reviewing the Tape: Seahawks 2022-23 defensive review (Seattle Overload Podcast) ......... beginning about 11-12 minutes in ........​

Thanks for posting this.

For anyone who hasn't watched it yet, the guys do a great job of breaking down what the Hawks were running this year and what went wrong. More importantly, they talk about the why and how of it. Why did the Hawks make the changes they did, and how did it go wrong?

Chawker

Reaction score
When I think of a successful 3-4 defense, Ithink Baltimore Ravens . Haloti Ngata and Ray Lewis both rare subjects and unique players. Both are monsters and when paird up create a force to be wreakened with.

Given that thought, I'm just not seeing anything close that here in Seattle.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
When I think of a successful 3-4 defense, Ithink Baltimore Ravens . Haloti Ngata and Ray Lewis both rare subjects and unique players. Both are monsters and when paird up create a force to be wreakened with.

They has some good safeties roaming the backfield as well. Don't forget Suggs in that linebacker corps. too.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

Those Ravens teams were a 4-3 with also Sam Adams and Siragusa at DT keeping OL off of Ray Lewis