Steve Largent

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Just saw on NFL Network, Michael Fabiano named Steve Largent #1 fantasy WR of the 80's.

I think that makes an additional case for him being greatest Seahawk ever. I mean the guy was just money on a team that although had some good years were just slightly above average overall.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":239thxz4 said:
Just saw on NFL Network, Michael Fabiano named Steve Largent #1 fantasy WR of the 80's.

I think that makes an additional case for him being greatest Seahawk ever. I mean the guy was just money on a team that although had some good years were just slightly above average overall.

Honestly, Largent doesn't have much competition when it comes to fantasy stats for the '80s.

There were a lot of great receivers (including one Jerry Rice) who came into the league halfway through the decade, so they are at an automatic disadvantage if you're limiting the discussion to a 1980-89 timeframe. Largent's only real competition is Art Monk and James Lofton. Lofton actually beats Largent in yards and YPC, but Largent had more receptions and far more TDs. Monk had the most receptions, but was tied with Lofton in TDs (both had 47 TDs in the 1980s while Largent had 69).

Rice, however, scored nearly as many TDs as Largent in the 1980s (66 for Rice vs. 69 for Largent) while only playing 5 years to Largent's 10. And Rice's 10-year span from 1986 to 1995 is just ridiculous. It's leagues ahead of anyone else.