Seahawks vs. Broncos in SBnation power poll article

kearly

Reaction score
Written over at the Mile High Report, the SBNation site for Broncos fans.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/6/30 ... ints-colts

They make the case for why Denver or Seattle should be the #1 team in the NFL right now. Most of the analysis is extremely homeristic and poorly informed, though the comments are generally much smarter. Overall, a pretty entertaining read, and you can even vote!

Interestingly, despite the angle of the article and the home field advantage of the poll, currently 74% of the voters chose Seattle.

suppaball

Reaction score
Kyle: Earth to homers. 43-8. FORTY-THREE TO EIGHT. There is nothing on-paper, nothing during the offseason, that can erase that score. When the Broncos were supposed to bring their best, they choked. When the Seahawks were supposed to bring their best, they thrived. The Seahawks are the best team in football, and it’s not close.

Yes he got it right.

Edit: also am I the only one that read that in the voice of Eric Cartman.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Broncos shouldn't be in the conversation. We know the best teams in the NFL are all in the NFC.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I love when they keep saying that the 2014 Seahawks are just like the 2013 Falcons. I would be angry, but it's just too damn funny on so many levels, not the least of which the house that brick is being thrown from.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
suppaball":68pmw2o8 said:
Kyle: Earth to homers. 43-8. FORTY-THREE TO EIGHT. There is nothing on-paper, nothing during the offseason, that can erase that score. When the Broncos were supposed to bring their best, they choked. When the Seahawks were supposed to bring their best, they thrived. The Seahawks are the best team in football, and it’s not close.

Yes he got it right.

I just had to agree so that my sig would prove your point very clearly. Yes, I'm easily entertained in the offseason.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
suppaball":941032v1 said:

Yes he got it right.

I just had to agree so that my sig would prove your point very clearly. Yes, I'm easily entertained in the offseason.

Escamillo

Reaction score
LOL, I love how the comments whine about "running up the score".
First, these are two NFL teams. Pros. And the champsions of their respective conferences. There's no such thing as "running up the score" in that situation. Running up the score is more applicable to college football, when a team from a major conference runs it up on some minor conference or Division II team, or a ranked team running it up on a bottomfeeder team. In the Super Bowl both are NFL teams, so their in the same league, and both are conference champs, so both teams are good; also both teams are made up of pros, not amateurs, so you needn't worry about hurting anyone's feelings by blowing them out.

Second, at no point it that game did Seattle "run up the score". The only score where such could even be argued would be Seattle's final TD, but that was in response to Denver's lone TD. Since Denver scored a TD, Seattle has every right to respond to it.

Running up the score? Any Bronco fan that whines about that should be ashamed of himself. lol

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I found a magical comment thread near the bottom that actually tried to argue that Denver's defense is better than Seattle's, and it got enough recs to change colors.

I'm not even mad. This stuff is too hilarious to be upsetting.

I still think Broncos fans are pretty smart on the whole, but some of the comments in there are a reminder that their homers are probably the most extreme in all of the NFL. Some of them truly take homerism to the level of artform. I'm actually kind of in awe of it. It is their super-power.

And this is on an SBNation site, a relatively anti-homer chain of sites. It is pretty much on the polar opposite side of the spectrum from places like webzone, and yet even there, the homerism is still so magnificent.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They think picking up some tough players is what makes a truly tough defense.

Ummm. Yeah. We'll see how well that works out for you, Denver.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
As PC has said toughness comes from a punishing running game, first and foremost with a physical defense. They may have gotten some tough guys, but their there team will always be finesse with Peyton controlling the show. That is unless they decide to move to a more balanced attack.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Entertaining read. I especially like the comments declaring that we have had a horrible off-season and have done nothing to improve. I also enjoyed the "running up the score" whining and the "non-stop PI penalties" to keep their wr's from catching the ball to have a chance......delicious tears indeed.
:thirishdrinkers:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Whole lot of residual butt hurt happening there.

I like how they use logic and reason to explain why the broncos will be good, then when it comes time to talk about Seattle they fall apart emotionally and cry all over the page.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":659ga3r8 said:
Broncos shouldn't be in the conversation. We know the best teams in the NFL are all in the NFC.
Yep. Whiners woulda beaten 'em fairly handily, Saints and Panthers likely woulda beaten 'em in close games IMO.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MHR was a flaming cesspool before the SB, so this article is no surprise. Tim Lynch was absolutely at the forefront of it too.

I absolutely understand the optimism they have for 2014, they took steps to toughen the team up. What I don't understand is diminishing Seattle with their comments, trying to say 2013 was a fluke, trying to say free agents we lost will cripple us. Fans who think the rest of the NFL is static while their team is getting way better are the worst to talk to.

But they also changed a lot of moving parts. PFM or not, there will be some adjustment there.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Tim Lynch and Big Pete are awful, awful, awful. Pete trying to draw some bizarre comparison between the Seahawks and the Falcons of last year is so ridiculous that it defies belief.

These were the same two morons perpetuating the "Legion of Boom is a fraud" myth before the game.

I did comment on the link a few days ago and was respectful, but man, Broncos fans...many of them reeled it in for the thread, but some of those guys are utterly delusional.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
suppaball":gn71d5m1 said:

Yes he got it right.

Does this comment still exist on there? If I remember right it was the first comment and I didn't see it any more on my phone.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":3k2pif3q said:
Entertaining read. I especially like the comments declaring that we have had a horrible off-season and have done nothing to improve. I also enjoyed the "running up the score" whining and the "non-stop PI penalties" to keep their wr's from catching the ball to have a chance......delicious tears indeed.
:thirishdrinkers:
Those are the two comments that stuck out the most to me also.
It's like the Seahawks have reached their acquisition of best players ceiling, and are now on cruise control, while theirs, the Bronco's, are going gangbusters, and growing astronomically better. :lol:
"Running up the score" IF the Seahawks don't score as much and as often as they can against players like Peyton Manning, and any of the other prolific come-back teams, they would indeed be stupid, and deserve to lose.
My answer to those sniveler fans, if it pisses you off, you need to get after YOUR team for NOT responding in kind, ESPECIALLY when you were the ones doing it to other teams for all of last Season.
Also, Russell Wilson was playing behind a pretty suspect O-Line for most of last Season and hit, hurried and sacked profusely.
Manning didn't have THAT kind of pressure for the whole Year ....well, at least not until he played against the Seahawks :16:
Their piss-n-moan about Richard Sherman makes me want to laugh at them to their faces ,as we all know that they would be happier than a clam at high tide, if they had him in THEIR Defensive backfield, but what none of them really wanted to acknowledge, is the devastating impact that Kam Chancellor had in that game.

Meeker

Reaction score
My favorite thing about that was reading the comments section about the safety and how it demoralized the Broncos and they were never the same after it....as if showing your team is mentally weak is the greatest argument that you should be #1 :lol: . The great thing about the Hawks is that they never give up, no matter how grim it looks. They fought back against Houston from 20-3 down (I believe), against Tampa Bay (21-0, the biggest comeback in Hawks history if I remember correctly), against the Falcons in the playoffs in 2012 (even though they couldn't finish it, never gave up), etc. Glad our boys don't just throw in the towel.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The 49ers are the second best team in the NFL and that should be obvious. The Denver homers are morons