Back From Camp

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't attended Training Camp since they were still being held in Cheney. My how times have changed.

No more two-a-days, now it's just one single 10am to noon session. I won't bore you with most the things you already know. It was definitely a bit surreal to be one of 1,300 fans hunkered on that hillside. Music blaring and a team that you can tell is a champion. Swagger, upbeat, precision, not a lot of wasted moves.

Baldwin is looking much faster these days. Russell was his usual crisp, focused self. He came over to the fence after practice and it sounded like girls screaming for the Beatles back in the day. I tried to get my 8-year-old squeezed in for a potential autograph but the swarm was just nuts. Ah well.

She had a good time. Beautiful day.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3bo3cor0 said:
He came over to the fence after practice and it sounded like girls screaming for the Beatles back in the day.

Don't be embarrassed...I have a high pitched scream too.

Jville

Reaction score
Aros":3p9l6d8r said:
I haven't attended Training Camp since they were still being held in Cheney. My how times have changed.

No more two-a-days, now it's just one single 10am to noon session. I won't bore you with most the things you already know. It was definitely a bit surreal to be one of 1,300 fans hunkered on that hillside. Music blaring and a team that you can tell is a champion. Swagger, upbeat, precision, not a lot of wasted moves.

Baldwin is looking much faster these days. Russell was his usual crisp, focused self. He came over to the fence after practice and it sounded like girls screaming for the Beatles back in the day. I tried to get my 8-year-old squeezed in for a potential autograph but the swarm was just nuts. Ah well.

I think those old out dated pro day numbers and PFF numbers can be thrown out. Doug Baldwin and others haven't peaked yet. The best is yet to come.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Training camp is now too much of a zoo for me. I dont really find it all that much fun. Skipped it this year. Will skip it every year unless there is some special reason to go.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":2wxnric1 said:

Please bore us :D. I like reading people's TC experience and thoughts. Anything else stand out to you?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I went the last two Tuesday's, both were much more organized than previous years. Always a great time at camp.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Brother, I used to love going to TC @ Cheney.
It was so easy to get close to the players. Most of the time there would only be 100-200 fans.
I would love to go to camp now but I know it's not the same.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shameless photo of me and my daughter Kenna. Clearly her good looks comes from her momma...

kenname.jpg

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3bv80t8v said:
Please bore us :D. I like reading people's TC experience and thoughts. Anything else stand out to you?

Let's see...My daughter became bored, my sister-in-law went on and on about...Oh! You mean the players! ;)

All kidding aside, I didn't really notice any particular player that stood out. I was trying to take it all in and what was clear was the tempo and energy was so much better than what I've seen in years past. There is a clear purpose to practice. Not that Holmgren's era was a bunch of slugs, but there is a marked difference under the Pete Era. And it really does start with Pete himself. He throws the ball around like he's 25. It's really alarming considering he's what, 63?

I guess it's a good thing that I can't think of one bad play or player. Everyone seemed to me to do their jobs. Offense and defense both had great moments. I was a bit awestruck by the totality of it all. From the crispness and execution to the music to the 2.500 fans that were there watching every move like it made a difference in the standings.

I guess the best statement is that I really can't think of one thing that stood out as a bad thing or play or player.

chris98251

Reaction score
Very cool that you and your family were able to enjoy the experience together. Oh and your right, it must be her mother :)

The Radish

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":28mf9j66 said:
Aros":28mf9j66 said:
Shameless photo of me and my daughter Kenna. Clearly her good looks comes from her momma...

Clearly.

Glad you guys had fun! Thread wouldn't be complete without Kenna's savvy scouting report, though.

She is beautiful like her Mother for sure. Oh hey, who is that chunky guy with her? I don't remember her Father looking like that. lol

:D

acer1240

Reaction score
Beautiful little girl you got there Todd. You're not looking too bad either, for your age :)

Largent80

Reaction score
That is awesome Todd. And BTW, the only thing lacking from 25 years ago is a few strands of hair. Big Whoop !!!!!!

See ya in about a month in San Diego.

acer1240

Reaction score
The Radish":t8cip7l4 said:
For his age??? Hell he's only 40. :D

Perhaps the onset of early follically challenge syndrome fooled me. Thought Todd was much older than I :D