Earn Everything: Destiny fulfilled, Dynasty awaits

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I never thought I'd be envious of someone taking red eye flights/trains/buses all over the country, but I have to say I am. That has to be one of the best experiences of a lifetime.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Glad I got to meet you outside temples before the NFC championship. What a journey you had this year. Great job sharing with all of us. Thank you.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Well David, you pretty much called this season accurately from wire to wire.
Those in my family truly enjoyed meeting you and I had a ball hanging out with you for drinks and gobs of fun in Seattle, Arlington, Houston, and Phoenix.

What a year!

Go Hawks! (Oh, we just did, didn't we-Go Hawks!)

tooshort

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":1f89tqd6 said:
Awesome endcap to what has been a thrilling journey this season. Great that you could put it into words for the rest of us to follow along from week to week, so much thanks for that!

And that Eli cat....talk about being there when you needed him! I love it when life works out like that.

After seeing a legitimate chance at a game saving drive taken away right in front of my eyes by a bogus "bionic forearm" call and witnessing my first loss at the clink in many, many moons, I felt for the first time all year that the "football gods" might not be as firmly set in our corner as I had believed. Then walking out of the stadium and witnessing a Cardinals fan (full cardinal furry outfit and with a loud mouth, still not cool) being repeatedly assaulted by the asshat hoodlum element that I had always denied existed in our fan base I decided then and there that I needed to be a part of what David had been writing about all season "Hawking it Forward".

Hawk life from the Rams clincher through the Clink Victory celebration has been an epic blur of good friends (new and old), great memories , and unbelievably fortuitous events. Fast forwarding through to the parade...I walked from about 3 miles away to make it to the NE gate of the Clink due to the crazy traffic and they were just getting ready to shut the gate down when I arrived. Looking across the north parking lot I could see that without making a mad dash through security I was going to have to take a 30minute plus detour around the Parade route to meet my local diehard buddies that I had already promised two of my three "victory tickets" to. Since David was already set (or so we thought) I decided to "burn" my extra ticket (no re-entry) to make my way through the "inside the stadium" shortcut to the SW corner.

When I arrived at the SW corner I realized I had a ton of missed calls from my best friend Cameron and it turned out that the bus he came down on had been stuck on the freeway off ramp for 45 minutes and the driver was refusing to let people off, even in the middle of the pandemonium with nothing moving, the driver was following metro protocol to the dismay of his passengers. He sounded downtrodden as he knew he wasn't going to make it, suddenly i had another open ticket. As I walked out to the "black rock" or "peanut" to meet my other buddy I spotted the trademark black mane that could only be "DAVID!!!"

As we stood there discussing the amazing year and the unlikely collision of paths while trying to get through to Steve to no avail I offered my extra ticket "just in case". Numerous calls and texts failed to garner a response until my phone started ringing, "Steve?" nope, it was Cameron who had convinced the bus driver to let the masses off the bus and was waiting at the NE gate, my heart dropped. I now had to make the decision, 3 worthy fans, 2 valid tickets, who do I leave out in the cold??? "It shouldn't end like this", I thought to myself and it wouldn't if the "football gods" would smile on us today. We made our way to the gate and I called to the lone security guard that I recognized from when I had exited earlier. "I have four tickets, and I realize there is no re-entry so one of these is invalid but my best friend is waiting at the NE gate to join us in this lifelong dream, I know you saw me leave earlier, please sir is there anyway you can let me back in with the already used ticket so I can make this happen for all of us?"

The football gods smiled and it was a beautiful sight , always "Hawk it Forward".

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't post this any sooner. I was watching this thread on my phone over the weekend at work and kept wanting to respond but I just couldn't find the time. Finally got a day off, so I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I met so many great people through .Net this past season. It's seriously like family to me at this point. Even if we only met for a drink, it's still all been a part of the greatest collective experience of my life, and I want to thank you all for that. Make no mistake, none of this would have at all been possible without the help of the fine people who frequent these boards. I can't say enough how blown away I've been by this place. From giving me a crash to place, to taking me in like family for Christmas, to donating $ for tickets for me and a friend for the NFC Championship, to hooking it up with free jerseys, to hooking it up with tickets, to hooking it up with absolutely priceless Seahawks items, and most importantly, to just having a damn good time at Temple, or in Houston, or wherever we were any given week. Man, I seriously consider myself one of the absolute luckiest guys on the planet, no doubt. And I have all of you to thank.

I've seriously made some lifelong friends (whether some of you like it or not, you're stuck with me for the long haul, sorry) and will never forget the kindness and the generosity that was expressed to me. Like Eli says, I just gotta Hawk it Forward at this point. I have no other choice. The universe and you fine people have all been too good to me to not make that one of my missions in life.

Oh, and thanks for putting up with (and pretending to like), my weekly blocks of text. You're all too kind. Heh, seriously though, thanks for the kind words that kept me motivated and kept me going along the way. To those of you who I never got to meet in person but would offer words of encouragement and stuff throughout the journey, thank you, I couldn't have done it without you. You guys helped my mind right and focused on the task at hand.

So thanks again for the beautiful year. The best of my life, no doubt. I'd be a bold-faced liar if I said I wasn't thinking about doing it all again for the RePete. Or maybe I just go to Vegas before the season opener, put all my $ on the Seahawks, and then use the winnings to go to every game during the qwest for a 3Pete? Who knows at this point. I've had to get right back to work since the season ended and haven't really had much time to just chill and think about life for a minute. We shall see, it'll all play itself out in the manner that it's supposed to.

All I know is, the Seahawks are winning the Superb Owl AGAIN next year, no doubt in my mind.

Much love all. Thanks again.

Skyhookmike

Reaction score
That story is the most amazing story I've ever read. It described many if not all of my feelings about this moment perfectly!

Thank you for sharing all of your experiences and feelings! I can honestly say,,, I CANNOT HAVE EXPRESSED THIS MAGICAL TIME ANY BETTER!

Awesome!