3 offsides on kickoffs?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
4th preseason game that's how it always is. Personally I wish they would only have 2-3 preseason games anyway.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":u9tmco2o said:
4th preseason game that's how it always is. Personally I wish they would only have 2-3 preseason games anyway.

To me 3 sounds perfect...

Game 1 - get everyone some work in limited action
Game 2 - Let the starters play a half and your likely backups play most of the second half
Game 3 - use to evaluate final cuts

Of course the issue here is that's one less game of full price tickets they get to charge us for and they would have to find a way to alternate it yearly so no team would be stuck playing 4 out of 6 pre-season games in consecutive years on the road.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3w3gu2iu said:
MizzouHawkGal":3w3gu2iu said:

To me 3 sounds perfect...

Game 1 - get everyone some work in limited action
Game 2 - Let the starters play a half and your likely backups play most of the second half
Game 3 - use to evaluate final cuts

Of course the issue here is that's one less game of full price tickets they get to charge us for and they would have to find a way to alternate it yearly so no team would be stuck playing 4 out of 6 pre-season games in consecutive years on the road.
It'll never happen but 2 preseason games/18 regular season game with 2 bye weeks would be my preference. But I would be worried 2 preseason games may be too little. Problem is 4 preseason games is obviously too much and the issue with 3 preseason games is the home game requirement in stadium leases and that it's an odd number so someone will always get the shaft for home games.