Simon to have minor knee surgery

kidhawk

Reaction score
It just sounds like some clean up type stuff and only going to keep him out a few weeks. We have Sherman, Maxwell and Lane as our mainstays at CB, so we'll be fine.

kidhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":g0wl9an7 said:
Wouldn't they have to put him on IR?

IR Is only for season ending injury....the team is allowed one exception and I doubt Simon would be that guy. When it's a minor surgery that only keeps him out a few weeks and they plan to play him after that, then they just put him on the weekly injury report, not Injured Reserve

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":zctf4mbf said:
MizzouHawkGal":zctf4mbf said:

IR Is only for season ending injury....the team is allowed one exception and I doubt Simon would be that guy. When it's a minor surgery that only keeps him out a few weeks and they plan to play him after that, then they just put him on the weekly injury report, not Injured Reserve
Ahh good, from what Pete said it doesn't seem like a season ending thing probably 4-6 weeks if that.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
MizzouHawkGal":10wze2l0 said:
kidhawk":10wze2l0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":10wze2l0 said:

Ahh good, from what Pete said it doesn't seem like a season ending thing probably 4-6 weeks if that.

That's what they said about Breno last year and he missed 6 or 8 games. Of course, 6'5 300+lbs vs. 6'2 200lbs. which is harder on the knees.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jdemps":3iryxt1e said:
MizzouHawkGal":3iryxt1e said:
kidhawk":3iryxt1e said:
MizzouHawkGal":3iryxt1e said:

That's what they said about Breno last year and he missed 6 or 8 games. Of course, 6'5 300+lbs vs. 6'2 200lbs. which is harder on the knees.
Point is he should be back for most of the season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Blitzer88":akr9bx65 said:
Our DB depth this year is nonexistent compared to last.

Agreed. But we had little choice in the matter. Financially speaking. Though I don't feel the pick of Richardson was much smarter than the pick of Michael.

Even then, I think I would have went O line over CB, considering the success Pete has had grooming CBs. Don't get me wrong, I am all in with Richardson but he felt like a luxury pick to me. Michael even more so.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3cjsnuac said:

Haven't seen Burley in action.. if he plays well, suddenly that DB depth looks pretty damn good when Simon comes back.

We'll be fine as long as the Top 3 guys stay healthy.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xwz4pbau said:
Blitzer88":xwz4pbau said:

Haven't seen Burley in action.. if he plays well, suddenly that DB depth looks pretty damn good when Simon comes back.

We'll be fine as long as the Top 3 guys stay healthy.

That's the problem right now, one of our top three, Lane, is not healthy at the moment.