Be at peace with this loss, my friends...

chawx

Reaction score
As I was reading others posts and thinking more and more about this loss, I was reminded of Pete in his post-game speech after the Redskins playoff win a couple years ago came to mind...

[youtube]yT-wVF_O2_g[/youtube]

"Can you win the game in the 1st quarter? NO!
Can you win the game in the 2nd quarter? NO!
Can you win the game in the 3rd quarter? NO!
Can you win the game in the 4th quarter? YES!"

It's the first quarter of the season, and this was an out of division, out of conference, road game loss. We can still win a lot of games and win the ones that matter and be just fine.

All this loss does is allow some of the haters to crack a smile and applaud themselves. We looked human, so what...we are a team made up of humans (except for Russell, he's a robot)

Did we miss the playoffs with this loss? No.
Did we lose the division with this loss? No.
Did we have any significant injuries? No.
Are we still defending Super Bowl Champs and do we scare the s--- out of most of the teams in the NFL still? HELL FREAKIN' YES WE DO!

#GoHawks

Edit: Fixed for readability.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
Agreed. This had trap game written all over it. I didn't post that previously so I could then post "I told you so". I didn't want to. But I suspected the heat, our lack of tested depth on secondary, and our collectively short memory of the amount of luck the Seahawks had year might catch up with us here. That Panthers game last year comes to mind..

We will recover just fine. Poor Denver...

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Personally, I'm glad it happened. It is a learning experience, and we will be stronger going forward. This is gonna eat our players up all week, and its some nice timing with Denver coming into town.

Pretty much the only thing that gets under my skin a bit, is even if we go 6-2 on the road....again, the misconception narrative was just reinforced with the whole 'seahawks aren't gold on the road' talk.

papagallo

Reaction score
Lifelong Bolts fan here. The 'Hawks will take this loss as an opportunity to learn. People counted out the Chargers, but you guys lost to a heckuva good football team. Think about it. The Bolts went into AZ and gave the Cardinals all they could handle. Hell, we flat out gave the game to them. As you all well know, the Cardinals are not a shabby team either. Heck, if they were in any one of the other conferences they'd be odds-on favorites to win that division. You guys lost to a pretty good team on the road in 115 degree heat and humidity. And the humbling experience of losing when you are as good as the 'Hawks are will be something the team will learn volumes from. Good game guys, and here's to a great season for both of us.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
PC is a clever chap, he is. He didn't give the game to SD, but the offense was severly hampered by the lack of a run game. Not that Beast wasn't up to the task, he had some damn fine runs, but he only got the ball 6 times.
PC wanted us to lose to get that fire back in our belly. Had to serve up some humble pie. :sarcasm_off:

chris98251

Reaction score
papagallo":zt6isfc3 said:
Lifelong Bolts fan here. The 'Hawks will take this loss as an opportunity to learn. People counted out the Chargers, but you guys lost to a heckuva good football team. Think about it. The Bolts went into AZ and gave the Cardinals all they could handle. Hell, we flat out gave the game to them. As you all well know, the Cardinals are not a shabby team either. Heck, if they were in any one of the other conferences they'd be odds-on favorites to win that division. You guys lost to a pretty good team on the road in 115 degree heat and humidity. And the humbling experience of losing when you are as good as the 'Hawks are will be something the team will learn volumes from. Good game guys, and here's to a great season for both of us.

Quality post and welcome to .NET

rjdriver

Reaction score
papagallo":3hkhmpb7 said:

My first game at the Murph today. I was treated well by the Charger fans. Must be a lot like you sir. I hope you don't waste this win, good luck in winning the AFCW.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
papagallo":27o6qn7g said:

Classy post. Thanks! Hope you guys can knock off the Broncos for the division title this year.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The sting is off a bit now that the 9ers went down.

HawkCop

Reaction score
chawx":1pyalke8 said:
As I was reading others posts and thinking more and more about this loss, I was reminded of Pete in his post-game speech after the Redskins playoff win a couple years ago came to mind...

[youtube]yT-wVF_O2_g[/youtube]

"Can you win the game in the 1st quarter? NO!
Can you win the game in the 2nd quarter? NO!
Can you win the game in the 3rd quarter? NO!
Can you win the game in the 4th quarter? YES!"

It's the first quarter of the season, and this was an out of division, out of conference, road game loss. We can still win a lot of games and win the ones that matter and be just fine.

All this loss does is allow some of the haters to crack a smile and applaud themselves. We looked human, so what...we are a team made up of humans (except for Russell, he's a robot)

Did we miss the playoffs with this loss? No.
Did we lose the division with this loss? No.
Did we have any significant injuries? No.
Are we still defending Super Bowl Champs and do we scare the s--- out of most of the teams in the NFL still? HELL FREAKIN' YES WE DO!

#GoHawks

Edit: Fixed for readability.

Well said chawx! Made me feel better.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
papagallo":3ql7dy04 said:

Thanks So Much, the Hawks will be much stronger because of This Loss, I believe also that the hawks know they are the targets of every team this year ( as defending WORLD CHAMPS) So they have to learn from this and any team can win on any night. especially when the hawks come to town , that is why this season is going to have more challenges than any other year if the hawks are going to repeat.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yea I already am. I'm usually way more pissed off and bummed out after a loss, but this one just didn't bother me that much.

SeahawkarinaOfTime

Reaction score
I'm also bummed, but not furious. We didn't execute, and the Chargers are a playoff team that played a damn near perfect game. At the end of the day, I'm still very happy that the Seahawks are the team they are instead of, say, the 2008 team. I still believe this team can beat any other team in the NFL and have the potential for a deep playoff run, which is a great feeling to have. Looking forward to see how they respond with Denver coming to town.

[End coping mechanism]