Pete's Presser (Recorded from Monday)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
we came out of the game with no injuries
Pierre Louis and Michael will be back to practice this week. Heflet will be full go this week.

Will try to post the full feed when the recording is up on .com later.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-3-Monday-Press-Conference/aefbb455-eb26-41b4-b312-c12b86466c27[/urltargetblank]

Recording of Pete's Monday Presser for those interseted

hawker84

Reaction score
Well everyone wondering why Marshawn and Percy got so few touches, there's your answer. 40 plays all day. that's what the offense did. Can't execute the game plan if your offense scores so fast and your D can't get off the field.

No injuries to speak of good to hear.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only part that I found interesting was Pete's excuse for Lynch leaving the field early. He said "Marshawn left with the doctors or whatever because of his back.......it's been a problem for a while, etc."

If you watch the tape, no one left the field with Marshawn. Lynch may have had some back issues, but why say he left the field with doctors/trainers if that's not what happened? Seems like a convenient white lie to me.

I could care less, but kinda odd don't you think?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1e6ceqkf said:
The only part that I found interesting was Pete's excuse for Lynch leaving the field early. He said "Marshawn left with the doctors or whatever because of his back.......it's been a problem for a while, etc."

If you watch the tape, no one left the field with Marshawn. Lynch may have had some back issues, but why say he left the field with doctors/trainers if that's not what happened? Seems like a convenient white lie to me.

I could care less, but kinda odd don't you think?

Not really odd to me.

Sounds like Pete was just saying his understanding of what happened. He's not necessarily going to know the exact sequence of events but only what was relayed to him by assistants, trainers, or other staff. For the head coach's purposes, there is very little difference between a player meeting with trainers in the locker room or leaving with trainers to the locker room. Pete's job during the game is to coach the players on the field. When a player is confirmed out for a game you need to put that player in the hands of the training staff for the time being.

Pete doesn't know everything that is going on on the sidelines and in game at all times. A coach can't worry about the specifics on how a player literally left the field, he only needed to know that Lynch was leaving the field and assumes the doctors/trainers went with him. It's not like there was a stop in the game and everyone watched Lynch get carted off or anything like that. Since coaches watch the All-22 angle it's not like he would have saw what the fans saw on the broadcast.