Pretend You Are Pete At A Presser...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed over the years is Pete has a very distinct way of communicating. It's hard to explain but I think most 12's get what I mean.

Just for fun, try to come up with a phrase or sentence or two that you think Pete would say in a press conference. I will start as an example...

"We are all about doing the right thing, that way and all. Sometimes you have to get to the point where you believe in the way about it and all of that."

JPatera76

Reaction score
Holy cow that read almost like a Russell quote...
Jokes aside, Pete Carroll imo does "Salesman" talk. He won't tell you what's up, or what's going on, or what's the plan straight up. Its always the guessing game. And His statements for the most part are very vague in a way that someone can't point a finger at him a go "BUT YOU SAID!" Like Skirting the possibility of having to be held accountable for something said.

I tried that with once with my wife. She hates that as she calls it "coach speak"

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Hey, well, that didn't go quite as planned. Give the other guys credit. They have a winning formula. One that we need to get back to. Run the ball and stop the run. They did that and we did well but came up short. This was a much closer game for most of the game, but it got kinda away from us. But i so pumped about the future here. We hung with one of the best teams in the nfl and we are only going to get better. We are just getting started, look at the progress we made. I'm proud of the guys and I'm jacked for next year.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I didn't watch the post game. I'm betting that's the gist. Thing is... if he said that he's right.

Boycie

Reaction score
Pre-game presser.... "We need to really get after it!" "Our guys are really amped up, and we are going to run the ball, and protect the football, and just play Hawk ball."

Mase

Reaction score
"Boy, not the way we wanted it to end, we didn't want it to end, but gosh, they really gave it their best. So great to see those young guys making plays, staying together. The fumble got us off kilter and just couldn't quite get it going again. I think this opportunity excites the guys, I think knowing what this feels like will drive them through the offseason. Make them compete each day with the person they were the day before and be better for it. Such a great time to be a Seahawk."

-- And yes, coach speak is real. I was a lower level coach for 11 years, never had press conferences, but regularly spoke in front of fans and parents. I always felt, and sorry, but this applies to fans like us as well, it is none of your business why we did what we did, or who we played, or what we are going to do. The day Pete Carroll bashes a player publicly, or blurts out our honest desires of who we want to draft, then, and only then, I will join the fire him bandwagon...... or if Barton is still a starter next year.

Mase

James in PA

Reaction score
"John and his guys are on it. We'll see how it all fits together."

supahawk

Reaction score
Yeah I think we saw some good things out there today. Give credit to the other guys, they have a tremendous football team. I think we just need to get back to protecting the football and you know- our guys played a heck of a game, a heck of game and they have been working their butts off. So I think if we get back to playin our style of football we will see much more success- so it’s on to next season.