thank god for OT

Reaction score
Do you know what OT reminds me of with this team? It's like a guy playing a fighting game knowing he can win anytime he wants with one particular move set, but he tries to do all swish moves to win in style. Then, when it gets close and imperative to just win, he breaks out the one move that just can't be stopped.

That's what this team is like with Russell Wilson. OT comes along and Bevell gets the call from Pete - "just let Wilson sort it out. Scramble. Read option keepers".

From then on it's just easy - we get to watch us drive down the field with the certainty of the tide coming in, or tomorrow's sunrise, or a terminator just mercilessly smashing through a list of Sarah Connors.

It's just great to always have that in reserve. Is what i'm saying.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
WorcesterHawks":2742vcp6 said:
Do you know what OT reminds me of with this team? It's like a guy playing a fighting game knowing he can win anytime he wants with one particular move set, but he tries to do all swish moves to win in style. Then, when it gets close and imperative to just win, he breaks out the one move that just can't be stopped.

That's what this team is like with Russell Wilson. OT comes along and Bevell gets the call from Pete - "just let Wilson sort it out. Scramble. Read option keepers".

From then on it's just easy - we get to watch us drive down the field with the certainty of the tide coming in, or tomorrow's sunrise, or a terminator just mercilessly smashing through a list of Sarah Connors.

It's just great to always have that in reserve. Is what i'm saying.

I like the analogy. I just wonder why we won't use it to more consistently earlier (keep Wilson fresher?) to open up the game and give the running game/wr's a cushion.

I can't say that I've ever thought before 2011-12 that OT was a great opportunity for us to pull out a win. Now I think that if the game goes OT, it's ours.

What a cool feeling. 8)

Go Hawks!

253hawk

Reaction score
Donko homers everywhere are whining about OT because Peyton didn't get a chance. Boo hoo. Win the coin toss next time, maybe. Or play defense and force a FG attempt. Or they should remember that they benefited from the new OT rules with Tebow when they beat Pittsburgh on the first play of OT in the playoffs.

Hypocrites.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
253hawk":2d6k6g1q said:
Donko homers everywhere are whining about OT because Peyton didn't get a chance. Boo hoo. Win the coin toss next time, maybe. Or play defense and force a FG attempt. Or they should remember that they benefited from the new OT rules with Tebow when they beat Pittsburgh on the first play of OT in the playoffs.

Hypocrites.

Yes I just hear from my Cousin in Denver " it is not fair , the Seahawks went done a got a touch down, Denver never touched the ball BOHO BOHO BOHO.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sudden Death except if you kick a field goal.

If the shoe was on the other foot Denver would be rubbing it in any Seahawks fans face they could.

HawkWow

Reaction score
We just returned from our run on the beach and drove past a house flying a huge Bronco flag. I'd not noticed it since the SB. I pointed it out to Mrs Wow, then noticed about 30 - 40 chairs on the side of the house, all empty except for 2, which sat a clearly dejected couple, decked out in Bronco gear, slumped in their chairs holding beers. It was sad. Sad that I didn't have time to yell GO Hawks, that is.

And speaking of flags, the 9er fan next door is hating life with my Hawk flag again flying and her 9er flag out of sight..per our agreement. She declined my offer to join us as we raised the flag. Happy birthday, sweetheart.

gargantual

Reaction score
HawkWow":332kkgdo said:
We just returned from our run on the beach and drove past a house flying a huge Bronco flag. I'd not noticed it since the SB. I pointed it out to Mrs Wow, then noticed about 30 - 40 chairs on the side of the house, all empty except for 2, which sat a clearly dejected couple, decked out in Bronco gear, slumped in their chairs holding beers. It was sad. Sad that I didn't have time to yell GO Hawks, that is.

And speaking of flags, the 9er fan next door is hating life with my Hawk flag again flying and her 9er flag out of sight..per our agreement. She declined my offer to join us as we raised the flag. Happy birthday, sweetheart.
4fd4a3d0_simpsons_nelson_haha-1.jpeg

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It was also enough for the Seahawks to cover the spread.

If you .. do that sort of thing. ;)

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1o7fdav2 said:
It was also enough for the Seahawks to cover the spread.

If you .. do that sort of thing. ;)

Yep...and this one reason I almost never bet the Hawks or Dawgs. If you're large, suddenly you're hoping, maybe even praying, Denver hits on the 2 pt conversion or you lose your money. OT is your only chance of covering. That's a crappy way to watch your team. lol.