2013 O vs 2014 O

CHawK247

Reaction score
Last year instead of playing it safe and handing it off on 3rd to kick the field goal to make it 20-12. We take a shot in the end-zone. Possibly connecting with Kearse or ADB to crush them, and make a statement to the entire NFL. We are who you thought we were still..

I love the creativity from Bevell this year, but lets not lose our guts and swagger our O embodied last season.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I was a little surprised by the call when it happened. There is no one I trust more with the ball in his hands on third down than Russell Wilson. Dude is a winner. But it was the "smart" call in that situation. An INT or fumble on 3rd down and you may lose the game in regulation.

OP
OP
C

CHawK247

Reaction score
I agree, and who would have thought Peyton would score with 1min and no times out left. Plus convert the 2 point conversion on the LOB. But if i'm not mistaken we didn't throw a single pass that drive? Or atleast take a shot on 1st or 2nd. Nothings there then throw it away.

We just seemed complacent vs last year we went for the dagger more times then not.

It's early in the season, I'm probably just over thinking things. I just don't want this team to settle. Stay hungry.

kearly

Reaction score
The 2014 O is the 2nd overall offense in DVOA so far. And still has room for improvement, pretty scary.

Unfortunately, the defense and ST hasn't been itself (our punter aside), which is showing up as much on the stat page as it has for the eyeball test.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
kearly":2rahcvlm said:
The 2014 O is the 2nd overall offense in DVOA so far. And still has room for improvement, pretty scary.

Unfortunately, the defense and ST hasn't been itself (our punter aside), which is showing up as much on the stat page as it has for the eyeball test.

and if our offensive tackles improve in pass protection, we will be very scary :twisted:

defense: look, weve played 3 of the top 6 qbs in the league these first 3 games. 16 points, 30 points, and 20 points. not too shabby, especially considering the 120 degree heat in SD and then also earls fumble and russells int sunday account for 14 of those points..... pete is great at making adjustments on defense. i expect us to be in the top 3 defensively at the end of the year, barring serious injuiries. and at the end of the season, if we are top 3 in offense and defense, and top 10 ST... epic.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We could use a bit of improvement from our tackles on both sides of the ball. On defense we aren't getting enough pressure rushing 4. Manning finally found the hole in our coverage and was able to exploit the delay route because he had time to hold the ball a little longer. Other teams will attempt to copy this so if we can't pressure with four then we must adjust. On offense I don't expect Okung to stay healthy and Britt is a work in progress. I would expect this to curtail the play book a bit.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sorry to disagree with the OP but this offense is vastly better than the 2013 offense. Not sure what game the OP is watching....not the same as me I guess.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
2014 Offense is two steps forward then 2013 Offense.
2014 Defense is one step back from the 2013 Defense.
2014 Special teams are about the same as 2013 Special Teams (PR needs work, but Punts looking way better).

My 2 cents.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
You run the ball on 3rd down on that play because you want to run the clock out and because Lynch was running well. You don't throw because an incomplete gives Peyton Goddamn Manning more time with the ball.

OP
OP
C

CHawK247

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":39c6mbkt said:
Sorry to disagree with the OP but this offense is vastly better than the 2013 offense. Not sure what game the OP is watching....not the same as me I guess.

Not sure what post you read but it's not a question of which is better. If anything it's calling out bevell's shot calling.

Take a shot in the end zone to stick a dagger in them and send a message to the rest of the NFL. That yea we may have dropped the ball last week but don't think for a second we're not as Dominate as last season.

I love our 2014 O, just the fact that we had 38 snaps and put up 21 points against the Chargers speaks volumes.

I just hope we keep the same cut-throat play calling we had last year.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1jokaw3g said:
You run the ball on 3rd down on that play because you want to run the clock out and because Lynch was running well. You don't throw because an incomplete gives Peyton Goddamn Manning more time with the ball.

Plus, you know, they won the game.