This team needs to get pissed.

Rob12

Reaction score
I love ADB's comments following the game yesterday. He was vulgar, he was angry, and he sounded hungry.

I never thought the SB hangover was a real thing. I guess I just chalked it up to coincidence. But it's turned into a thing and I think, for us, it has been due to a lack of focus. We lost some good players, but we still have our nucleus. I hear it all the time that we will take the best shot of every team we play because we're the Champs. I've heard that as an excuse as to why we will lose more games. And to me, that sounds like crap. I know that teams will come at us hard, but we have the talent to withstand and overcome any team's best shot.

It's been a lack of focus and complacency, which I believe are two things that will be fixed as a direct result of that embarrassing display yesterday. These guys are hopefully more pissed than even the most vocal fan here at .NET. I have to believe that, otherwise I don't like thinking about what the rest of the season will look like.

Everyone has to learn, because yesterday was an education. It was a lesson for Pete. It sure in the hell better have been a lesson FINALLY grasped by our offensive coordinator.

Refocus and get mad.

Percy is Robin to Beast's Batman from this day forward. 20-25 carries at a minimum for the man who has got us to this point.

Percy is capable of running routes NORTH of the line of scrimmage.

Our offensive line is not to be blamed for most of our offensive woes. I'm sick of them being the whipping boys around here. It is much simpler than that.

I fully expect this team to win 12-13 games. I believe. This game will ultimately end up being the biggest game on our schedule, because the Seahawks are at a fork and only they can collectively choose which way to go. I choose to believe that this game will spring a huge winning streak and put the league back on notice.

It starts today.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the defense than the offense, especially in the secondary. Lane and Simon were to be counted on and are not available.

Not sure being pissed changes anything, it is execution that wins games. Our tackling was dreadful yesterday.

Polaris

Reaction score
Largent80":235e6hfy said:
I'm more concerned about the defense than the offense, especially in the secondary. Lane and Simon were to be counted on and are not available.

Not sure being pissed changes anything, it is execution that wins games. Our tackling was dreadful yesterday.

Execution and specifically tackling can be controlled. That said, I am also concerned about the pass defense and esp the DB depth. Right now the 'hawks are down to ONE bona-fide starting corner.....that's not good.

-Polaris

Ozzy

Reaction score
Good post Rob. Not much to disagree with there.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Largent80":38wvedy3 said:

Sure, the defense is a concern, but I think as the season progresses they will get better. They are a proud group and I don't have a whole lot of concern when it comes to them. We were never going to replicate what took place last year, as I believe when looking at context that was a historically great defense. But they can improve and get better, and I fully expect them to do just that. We do have to get healthy, though.

My biggest concern is Bevell and our pass protection. We know we have the weapons to be an elite offense. Percy has been criminally misused in my eyes and everyone has suffered as a result. I have to believe that the plan of building our offense around him will now be scraped. He's an insanely talented player who will make great plays this season, but he shouldn't be the focus. He's a great compliment to Beast and that should be his role. Really hoping he can start running some routes downfield.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Largent80":1e2u90xd said:

I just meant that they played pissed last year. It helped them focus. Having a chip on your shoulder is healthy. They took things personal (the war of words between ADB and Cris Carter comes to mind). I hope they get back to that mindset as a team because it just works.

Latest posts