Sad

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Since we won the S. Bowl, other NFL fans have been saying we are a bunch of band wagon fans. Now we lose a game, granted badly and people are bitchin and moanin, well maybe there are some bandwagon fans. But I have been a fan of the Hawks since 1976...I ain't changin, trust me they could/have been a lot worse! Kinda makes me sad that maybe the other fans had us pegged!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Let's not do this. Attacking fans is just not worthwhile.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bandwagon means fans are leaving, I don't see anyone here leaving the wagon.

Just because we're critical of our team that we have high expectations for doesn't = bandwagon. Sorry. If that was the case, all the players and coaches are also bandwagon, cause they're saying the same critical things as us about their performance this year so far.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2ohbiwmm said:

Almost need to shut the board down for 24 hours after a loss.. let people get it out of their system.

There are so many knowledgeable football minds on this board it blows me away. Honestly, reading other people dissect our strengths and weaknesses week in and week out is why I come here.

But after a loss there's no room on the board for it. just emotional breakdowns and counter attacks. (guilty of this I know)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1php7onm said:
SonicHawk":1php7onm said:

Almost need to shut the board down for 24 hours after a loss.. let people get it out of their system.

This is a way a lot of us get it out of our system, talking about the games, good and bad.

Jbo

Reaction score
Let the band wagon fans get off the ride!!!
There will always be ups and downs like a roller coaster ride but it is still a fun ride.
Like I said yesterday this team is full of surprises, they did come out in the second half playing somewhat better than the previous games , they just couldn't come out on top this time.
I have faith that things will change especially when lane and Simon get back;)

drdiags

Reaction score
Bandwagon fans aren't some new phenomena. Every successful team had/has them. Don't let some other team's fans get to you as they try to null their own pain for not winning it the year before. If the Bengals win it all this year they will be accused of having band-wagon fans. So what?

Hell, our folks are quick to claim other teams have band-wagon fans. None of this makes sense to me. Though I do know folks feel a badge of honor for hanging in there over the dark times. Trouble is, unless you get a sticker, who would even know you are a dyed in the wool, true blue fan? (don't ask me what that means )

BlueTalon

Reaction score
drdiags":2kip11v4 said:
Trouble is, unless you get a sticker, who would even know you are a dyed in the wool, true blue fan? (don't ask me what that means )
It's not really wool but...

Attachments

• !tattoo2a.jpg
    !tattoo2a.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 1,809

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22arwe80 said:
Uncle Si":22arwe80 said:
SonicHawk":22arwe80 said:

This is a way a lot of us get it out of our system, talking about the games, good and bad.

I said "almost"... im definately no advocate of it..

But the manic nature of the posters on here gets a bit much. takes away from good informative football talk while people just bash our players, coaches, each other, etc.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
I know... Reading alot of responses on all the sites to people who just totally think there was no seahawks fans ever til last year .... Just cause they are fake fans of other teams and never root for those teams unless they are winning dont hold us true fans in the same light as fly by fans of other teams... Just cause seahawks fans are all diehards dont hold that agaist us........ I have been a seahawks fan since i was six years old and im 37 now and i live in new jersey.... Trust me when i say this loss aint shit compared to what we went threw in the 80s and earlier 90s ... not once did i ever leave the hawks stood by them threw thick and thin and last year we were rewarded with a superbowl win ... Something i never thought i'd see in my lifetime.... So being sad about yesterdays game? Not sad ... Maybe pissed how bad we played but not sad ... Now that we won at least one superbowl i will never be mad at a bad game again cause i know we can do better... And now we move onto next weeks game so lets get out of this minnie slump and eat some lambs on sunday..... :3: GO HAWKS!!!!!in

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jerseyhawk":3iskni4w said:
I know... Reading alot of responses on all the sites to people who just totally think there was no seahawks fans ever til last year .... Just cause they are fake fans of other teams and never root for those teams unless they are winning dont hold us true fans in the same light as fly by fans of other teams... Just cause seahawks fans are all diehards dont hold that agaist us........ I have been a seahawks fan since i was six years old and im 37 now and i live in new jersey.... Trust me when i say this loss aint shit compared to what we went threw in the 80s and earlier 90s ... not once did i ever leave the hawks stood by them threw thick and thin and last year we were rewarded with a superbowl win ... Something i never thought i'd see in my lifetime.... So being sad about yesterdays game? Not sad ... Maybe pissed how bad we played but not sad ... Now that we won at least one superbowl i will never be mad at a bad game again cause i know we can do better... And now we move onto next weeks game so lets get out of this minnie slump and eat some lambs on sunday..... :3: GO HAWKS!!!!!in

but you read the board and you do have to wonder...

I mean we lose to a 4-1 team and its like Roman Empire is falling..

Anyone that survived this team in the 90s isnt overly concerned about being 3-2 right now. Disappointed for sure (because we just dont lose to the Cowboys)

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Oh its just not on the .net i mean on all sites ... People are just so defensive when it comes to the hawks winning or in this case lossing anything . ..we suck if we lose we suck if we win ... what did we do as fans to these other people who bash us except cheer and rooted for out team no matter what.... I think thats what drives other teams fans crazy about us that we stand by our team no matter the circumstances good or bad and lossing to 4-1 dallas aint that bad ... Now we lose to the lambs this week thats different but hopefully it doesnt come to the sky is falling just yet

Jbo

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3ub6cwup said:
drdiags":3ub6cwup said:
Trouble is, unless you get a sticker, who would even know you are a dyed in the wool, true blue fan? (don't ask me what that means )
It's not really wool but...
@blue, that is the most kick ass art work I ever seen !!!!!!
I said I was done with tattoos 10 yrs ago but the last five years I been seriously considering a hawks tat and a Judas Priest tat. I might have to come out of retirement.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
It means tattoo work got one small one that is a part of a piece for one of my kids and dont worry getting my superbowl champs tatt very soon right on my wrist on the outside to always have it on display...

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
So when people say we suck for lossing a game or try and say im a bandwagon jumper i can just point to my ink say "go (improper language) yooh self" cant wait .... And i get it all thr time i live in eagles country here

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":29zem9yt said:
Since we won the S. Bowl, other NFL fans have been saying we are a bunch of band wagon fans. Now we lose a game, granted badly and people are bitchin and moanin, well maybe there are some bandwagon fans. But I have been a fan of the Hawks since 1976...I ain't changin, trust me they could/have been a lot worse! Kinda makes me sad that maybe the other fans had us pegged!
No, ya see, I as a Seahawks fan since their conception, don't give a flying monkey's butt about what other dimwitted fans of other teams are blathering about, as their words (like their heads) are hollow.
Are there "Band Wagon Fans"?, yep, they are spread all over the place, and they are on the bandwagons of every team in the League.
The Seahawks didn't lose this game on purpose, and it didn't happen without some intervention by some shitty Officiating.
Could the Seahawks have played better Offensively and Defensively?, no doubt about it, but it was the Cowboys that got the lions share of the lucky breaks (and non calls for PI's, holding, face mask Etc.) for this game.
There was just too many shit calls/non-calls to overcome.
If this post makes some nobody fan from another team or some fans around here think I'm a bandwagoner?, I don't give a shit.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Anyone that survived this team in the 90s isnt overly concerned about being 3-2 right now. Disappointed for sure (because we just dont lose to the Cowboys)
I don't know about never losing against them but I do know what is really bothering people is that this kind of performance happened against them. We really hate losing against them more then most teams in my opinion. And we flat out hate losing to any team at home so you got your perfect storm created.

In reality we are injured and it looks like we're confused in the secondary because of a change in philosophy and major injury in that group coupled with a lack of identity on offense. It's obvious they want to do something different on offense but it seems not even they know exactly what that should be let alone the players.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I've only been on this board since 2012, but the reactions to losses back then were no different than they are now. And I don't recall us having a bunch of bandwagoners back in 2012 coming off a 7-9 season. It's not bandwagoners. This is just how we deal with losses. Every fan base does it.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Im with yah never liked any other team and i was born in 77 but if i could i would of liked them then too but you're right i dont care what other people say either ... I was just wondering why they hate us as fans like they do ... I mean sticking with your team through the worst of times and finally getting a superbowl and then being upset with game play makes us shitty fans ? I say to all the haters its good being the king.... And all we gotta do is take cAre of divison games 2 each agaist the tards... Lambs and santa clara whiners and we will be just fine this year and it starts this week