Mediocrity

optionright48

Reaction score
It has begun. Free agency, salary cap, player movement guarantees it except for the really outstanding 2 or 3 franchises. Currently we have a grade C minus offensive line, grade C defensive secondary, grade D receiving corps, grade D offensive coaching. There is no comparison to last years team talent or willingness to play the game at a high level. Skills were not the only thing lost by player movement. More importantly leadership and enthusiasm for the game also went out the door. This is a franchise in decline. No amount of 12th man rah-rahism will change the facts.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
optionright48":3ok8iuky said:
It has begun. Free agency, salary cap, player movement guarantees it except for the really outstanding 2 or 3 franchises. Currently we have a grade C minus offensive line, grade C defensive secondary, grade D receiving corps, grade D offensive coaching. There is no comparison to last years team talent or willingness to play the game at a high level. Skills were not the only thing lost by player movement. More importantly leadership and enthusiasm for the game also went out the door. This is a franchise in decline. No amount of 12th man rah-rahism will change the facts.

you signed up just to be a bitch?

2_0_6

Reaction score
optionright48":3dmtcphq said:

Cool story bro.

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
All of us are upset about the way we played yesterday but this is going way overboard in my humble opinion.
We still have 11 games left and we all have to remember that even though our offense and our defense played one of the worst games in a long time.
And Bevell called one of the worst games we've seen in a while and we got out muscled and punched in the mough and we had injuries and missed opportunities we STILL were ahead in this game with about 5 minutes to go.

It took an amazing 3rd and 20 catch to give Dallas the spark they needed to score.

I honestly thought out defense totally deflated after that play but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I just don't think it's time to panic yet and to say that we're mediocre is WAY premature in my opinion.

On to St. Louis!!!

One game at a time!

Chapow

Reaction score
optionright48":3xopdrce said:

:2:

Please learn the difference between a fact and an opinion.

Thanks.

mistaowen

Reaction score
5 games into the season after a Superbowl win and people are creating their own grading system.

The coffee I drank this morning was a B but the fake sugar was a C. My legs were cold in the car so my pants were a C-. There was construction on the way in which caused some traffic so I give the traffic guard a C in leadership and a D in enthusiasm.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
optionright48":3sh3a7qn said:
There is no comparison to last years team talent or willingness to play the game at a high level.

The team last year didn't seem that talented or "willed" in stretches. Go watch the Rams game and make that statement with a straight face.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":dtp8svhu said:
5 games into the season after a Superbowl win and people are creating their own grading system.

The coffee I drank this morning was a B but the fake sugar was a C. My legs were cold in the car so my pants were a C-. There was construction on the way in which caused some traffic so I give the traffic guard a C in leadership and a D in enthusiasm.

Fake sugar never gets higher than a C in my grading system.

Also, re: the OP's post... I'll go with the latter, and say stupid.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
optionright48":39y097l3 said:

I actually agree with some of this, but I do not agree that we're already a franchise in decline. The core players are just too good to say that.

Now do we lack the same intensity and motivation as last year? So far, that might be right.........and Earl's statement a couple weeks ago about losing his championship intensity and finding it again after the SD loss told a lot about where this team is at mentally.

Maybe it just is almost impossible to play that hard for that long? idk, but if this group of players wants to be the dynasty they keep talking about, they better start digging down deep........cause it's apparent so far this year that every team on their schedule is chomping at the bit to rip their hearts out and show it to the cocky ass Hawks.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
To all Seahawks that are worried.......R-E-L-A-X.... Breathe deeply and repeat it until you are R-E-L-A-X-E-D. You'll be fine, and it's December football that counts most. :D

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3v62uoov said:
...........I do not agree that we're already a franchise in decline. The core players are just too good to say that.

Now do we lack the same intensity and motivation as last year? So far, that might be right.........and Earl's statement a couple weeks ago about losing his championship intensity and finding it again after the SD loss told a lot about where this team is at mentally.

Maybe it just is almost impossible to play that hard for that long? idk, but if this group of players wants to be the dynasty they keep talking about, they better start digging down deep........cause it's apparent so far this year that every team on their schedule is chomping at the bit to rip their hearts out and show it to the cocky ass Hawks.
REALLY good post Sarge. I agree with you on all accounts.

kobebryant

Reaction score
This is entirely unscientific on my part; but I am willing to bet that the last Nth consecutive Super Bowl winners can all look back at some point during the regular season leading up to the playoffs when a loss set off "panic mode" and "this team isn't good enough to win the Super Bowl" type meltdowns amongst the fan base. Drama free/ stinky weeks happy to every champion every season.

Whoever comes out of the NFC this season is going to be able to reflect on the loss that triggered a meltdown (Sea, GB, SF, PHI, Det, NO, DAL, AZ have all felt like poo at some point already this season)

Vetamur

Reaction score
optionright48":2y9nvgdl said:

With a first post like that, all I will say is youre lucky this isnt the Shack.

It would appear you lurked, and lurked.. containing an inner negativity. Then once there was trouble, finally let it out. That says a lot, and not much good.

Tical21

Reaction score
This isn't about talent. This isn't about effort. This is about being the hunted and not the hunter. It is a completely different mindset, and we're going to have to figure out how to play hungry again. That's all.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":1sl9qzxb said:
What?.....first post and it's this? :1:
Yep, lose a game like this and then a lot of new posters suddenly appear out of nowhere. Color me skeptical.

chris98251

Reaction score
First and only post to date, lets see if he comes back to respond with thought or drops another pile of Troll spooge.