Seahawks/Wilson on the cover of this week's SI

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nice cover, but I can guarantee you that piece on the Hawks is going to piss us all off.........because it's going to be 90% about all these stupid rumors of trading players and team discord we've been knee deep in for the past month.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3fqady26 said:
Nice cover, but I can guarantee you that piece on the Hawks is going to piss us all off.........because it's going to be 90% about all these stupid rumors of trading players and team discord we've been knee deep in for the past month.

Anything anyone said would piss us off. We're the easiest fanbase to troll.

They should've darkened Russell's complexion, like Time magazine did to OJ's mugshot back in the day. That's the only thing that pisses me off.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I say: GOOD!! This team plays best with a chip-on-their-shoulders attitude! (Admins...we need a emoticon of that somehow!)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
from the article

"The Seattle Seahawks are not the dominant team they were last season, as they steamrollered through most of the regular season and the playoffs,"

this annoys me to no end.

most of our games were close, including the playoff game against SF. This idea that we destroyed all competition and 'steamrolled' through anything (except maybe the superbowl) is ridiculous. This is just a football team in a league of parity.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":qw7i5x7t said:
from the article

"The Seattle Seahawks are not the dominant team they were last season, as they steamrollered through most of the regular season and the playoffs,"

most of our games were close, including the playoff game against SF. This idea that we destroyed all competition and 'steamrolled' through anything (except maybe the superbowl) is ridiculous. This is just a football team in a league of parity.

Yup. Many fans and most of the talking heads keep viewing last year's team from the colored lens of the Super Bowl. It glosses over many of the tight games throughout the year and how close many of their competitors were.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2evi2ee8 said:
from the article

That was my exact reaction. The difference between this year and last? Last year we barely squeaked out a couple more wins in tight, early-season games against weak opponents. This year we have been just barely on the other (losing) side of the score in these games. My feeling about the Hawks at mid-season 2014 is almost the exact same as my feeling mid-season 2013 even though we had an additional 2 wins under our belt at this time last year.

-bsd

Hawks46

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ijeaj74 said:
He is on USA today too. Barkley has an interesting take:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/charles ... e-seahawks

Barkley is seriously the best. I remember a couple of years ago when they asked him what he thought of all the black NFL players getting arrested. The person was trolling for something about racially discriminating against blacks. Barkley's response was "I'd tell black dudes to quit committing crimes". Lol, classic.