Lions Hire Bevell

sdog1981

Reaction score
chris98251":5ay8m2mg said:
They will both be known as the biggest failures in Fords history !

I don't get the Bevell-Ford joke.[/quote]

Young Pups...

It's an Edsel[/quote]

You called it a Ford in your own joke.

Smellyman

Reaction score
sdog1981":1ovzpfu6 said:
About the find out the Cable factor.

Not being handcuffed by the worst coach in organized sports will be interesting to watch.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":372u0pyh said:
chris98251":372u0pyh said:

I don't get the Bevell-Ford joke.

Young Pups...

It's an Edsel[/quote]

You called it a Ford in your own joke.[/quote]

Not only do I have to paint a picture but I guess numbers now also.

Edsel is an automobile marque that was planned, developed, and manufactured by the Ford Motor Company for model years 1958 through 1960. With the Edsel brand, Ford had expected to make significant inroads into the market share of both General Motors and Chrysler and close the gap between itself and GM in the domestic American automotive market. Ford invested heavily in a yearlong teaser campaign leading consumers to believe that Edsels were the cars of the future – an expectation they failed to meet. After being unveiled to the public, they were considered to be unattractive, overpriced, and overhyped. Edsels never gained popularity with contemporary American car buyers and sold poorly. The Ford Motor Company lost $250 million on Edsel development, manufacturing, and marketing.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":2zy3hq80 said:
sdog1981":2zy3hq80 said:
chris98251":2zy3hq80 said:
sdog1981":2zy3hq80 said:

Young Pups...

It's an Edsel

You called it a Ford in your own joke.

Not only do I have to paint a picture but I guess numbers now also.

Edsel is an automobile marque that was planned, developed, and manufactured by the Ford Motor Company for model years 1958 through 1960. With the Edsel brand, Ford had expected to make significant inroads into the market share of both General Motors and Chrysler and close the gap between itself and GM in the domestic American automotive market. Ford invested heavily in a yearlong teaser campaign leading consumers to believe that Edsels were the cars of the future – an expectation they failed to meet. After being unveiled to the public, they were considered to be unattractive, overpriced, and overhyped. Edsels never gained popularity with contemporary American car buyers and sold poorly. The Ford Motor Company lost $250 million on Edsel development, manufacturing, and marketing.

1978-08-10.gif

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I hope him success. I know that is not popular on this board, but he was part of our Championship team. If we play the lions I hope he calls the worst game of his life!

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
sdog1981":1cojb2ds said:
chris98251":1cojb2ds said:
What do these two things have in common.

offensive-coordinator-darrell-bevell-of-the-seattle-seahawks-looks-on-picture-id159893135

Edsel was a failed Ford project. The Lions are owned by the Ford family.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Now that we've seen the Seahawks without a Cable-crippled OL, and know that Cable was the bigger problem, we'll see what Bevell can do without that millstone around his neck.
Bevell won a SB even with a Cable OL? *Almost* won 2? That is actually starting to sound impressive.

Of course, I will never forgive him for throwing Ricardo Lockette under the bus instead of accepting responsibility for his lack of situational awareness in making that call. The failure was 99% Bevell's, and I've never heard him accept responsibility.

Latest posts