Rams Stun the Broncos In St. Louis: Autopsy of an Upset

Jville

Reaction score
Seattle Special Teams have been erratic and disappointed this year. They are running out of time this season to put it together.

Not counting Denver’s final possession when they ran one play from their 12-yard line, the best starting field position they could manage all day was from their own 25. The Broncos’ average starting field position for their 12 drives was their own 18. The Rams’ defense did the rest.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/rams-stun-the-broncos-st-louis-autopsy-an-upset/32153/[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
In 2013, Seahawk Special Teams ranked 5th with very little contribution from Harvin.

Today, Seahawk Special Teams currenty ranks 23rd with limited contributions from Harvin.

I don't recall Harvin appearing in kick or punt coverage. Nor do I recall him providing any blocking on Special Teams. It seems to me those are the areas where we have seen performance drop offs.

Field position was huge for Seattle in 2013.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Jville":2h810ok5 said:
In 2013, Seahawk Special Teams ranked 5th with very little contribution from Harvin.

Today, Seahawk Special Teams currenty ranks 23rd with limited contributions from Harvin.

I don't recall Harvin appearing in kick or punt coverage. Nor do I recall him providing any blocking on Special Teams. It seems to me those are the areas where we have seen performance drop offs.

Field position was huge for Seattle in 2013.

Huge drop off in our punt returning, and I think we should give someone else a chance, at least in certain situations.

When the chiefs punted from their endzone to Walters he hesitated and got nowhere, we'd have been in a much better position if we'd stuck a guy like Turbin in there and had him run straight down the field, as far as he could.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
So ..... the question ..... is what is the best combination of return man and available return blocking? I'm under the impression Carroll was noncommittal as to who will return this week. I think we go into this week with the assumption they are still working on answering that question. I guess the return game remains a work in progress again this week.

themunn

Reaction score
Autopsy of an upset:

The Rams are a good team with a tough schedule, who have run the Cardinals, Niners, Cowboys and Eagles close, and beaten the Seahawks, Niners and Broncos.

If they were in the NFC South they'd probably be sitting on 7 or 8 wins right now.

That's why the Rams loss didn't (and still doesn't) phase me too much.

rideaducati

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1smno32e said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KennethArthuRS/status/535157774263799809[/tweet]

I can't stand that guy. He thinks everything he does is the funniest thing ever. His "contribution" to fieldgulls is awful and if you disagree with him or the groupthink over there they banish you.