Tampa Bay Offense Coordinator.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2fvu46gl said:
JSeahawks":2fvu46gl said:
Getting ready to install the Marcus mariotA offense.

Have a feeling they take Jameis instead.

I have a feeling the interview process at the combine is probably more important for Jameis than its ever been for just about any other player. Personally, even if he was a model citizen I'd be pretty concerned about the number of interceptions he threw this year.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Hmm.. Mariota with Seferian-Jenkins, Evans and Jackson...

Those are some talented player on offense. Bucs might go from worst to first in that struggling division next year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pehawk":1ptfxp94 said:
It's going to be Jameis.

Yeah, i dont see Mariota as the #1 overall pick, nor the best or first QB in the draft.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Jameis is the next Jamarcus. That would be a terrible pick over Mariota. Ugh

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HansGruber":1yj6r0jl said:
Jameis is the next Jamarcus. That would be a terrible pick over Mariota. Ugh

i dont see either being very good QBs in the NFL. but i do see your point there. Mariota may take longer to fizz out atleast.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Winston's INTs aren't meaningless, but I won't write him off as the top QB just for that. Matt Ryan had 19 INTs in his senior season. Russell Wilson had 14 INTs as a junior at NC State. Andrew Luck had 10 INTs during his final season at Stanford.

Meanwhile, Mark Sanchez had 5 INTs in his last year at USC. Tebow had 4.

kearly

Reaction score
Lovie Smith is still in Tampa running that team, which means they will want to win with defense and rushing with a QB who keeps turnovers to a minimum. A protect the ball QB like Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers would be ideal for Tampa, and Mariota is that guy.

Then again, Lovie drafted the perfect opposite of that kind of QB in Chicago, in the 1st round no less. So who knows.

I don't think Mariota is a system QB. I think he's most like Matt Ryan if Ryan had Kaepernick tools. Winston kinda strikes me as being in that Cam Newton / Andrew Luck / Big Ben category.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Winston is actually a pretty good student and could be spectacular if he learns to take the game seriously. In college he has been a knuckle head. Mariotta is the better choice for a leader at this point. If Tampa takes him though what would they do with Glennon? He wouldn't make much sense at Mariotta's back up.

pehawk

Reaction score
If I was the GM in St Louis, Buffalo, Houston I'd trade for Glennon in a heartbeat. That downs syndrome looking bastard can ball.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
pehawk":1ytzcd39 said:
If I was the GM in St Louis, Buffalo, Houston I'd trade for Glennon in a heartbeat. That downs syndrome looking bastard can ball.

yeah, I don't get the Glennon hate either. He is the best option at QB and I would say with more talent around him would be a top 10-20 qb in the league.