Broncos and John Fox "Part Ways"

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Uh, wow. I didn't think there was a chance that would actually happen. Glazer FTW again.

I don't think much of Fox as an top-end HC, but it's hard to dispute his success with that organization. Elway ain't too forgiving.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seattle_Stunna_MD":31e6eyyg said:
I think Manning retires...

I think he should, but might stay if Gase is promoted to HC. Could be a way to keep Gase with the team.

pehawk

Reaction score
Now Fox should go to Oakland and get that franchise to at least mediocre.

I've always kind of though as John Fox as a boob. If I we're a GM and I wanted to hire John Fox, I'd just hire Wade Phillips. Pretty much the same person, but Bum's boy is funny at least.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Carroll really wrecked the Denver and SF organizations, didn't he? No way this happens if Fox hadn't gotten spanked last year. Kubiak is probably still in Texas without the Sherman pick-6. Fallen HCs all over the league with a Seahawk-sized boot print.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3ds60t6q said:

I've always kind of though as John Fox as a boob. If I we're a GM and I wanted to hire John Fox, I'd just hire Wade Phillips. Pretty much the same person, but Bum's boy is funny at least.

I hear Del Rio has always been a Raiders fan and REALLY wants that job. I wonder if he'd still go as DC if Fox swept the job out from under him?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2537tw7z said:
Carroll really wrecked the Denver and SF organizations, didn't he? No way this happens if Fox hadn't gotten spanked last year. Kubiak is probably still in Texas without the Sherman pick-6. Fallen HCs all over the league with a Seahawk-sized boot print.

The Seahawk Hangover is powerful indeed! :th2thumbs:

pehawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":tk2qthqp said:
pehawk":tk2qthqp said:

I hear Del Rio has always been a Raiders fan and REALLY wants that job. I wonder if he'd still go as DC if Fox swept the job out from under him?

That was my first thought. Why take Del Rio, a poor mans John Fox, when you can just have John Fox?

Atlanta ought to consider it as well.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1hg46ca7 said:
kidhawk":1hg46ca7 said:
pehawk":1hg46ca7 said:

That was my first thought. Why take Del Rio, a poor mans John Fox, when you can just have John Fox?

Atlanta ought to consider it as well.

I'm thinking the Bears might bring him in. Could be a good pairing with the younger GM

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Sweet jeeebuss. These Niners and Donks are really an entitled lot.

Whom are they going to get to make them champions?

Fox didn't seem to be a hall of famer but he did pretty well in Carolina and taking that turd Tebow and completely changing an offense to suit his lack of talent. I think the guy is a good coach.

I won't say anything about Harbaughs, because he sucks

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
I look forward to Denver & San Francisco falling into mediocrity.

Two organizations who are arrogant enough to think they can find a better head coach elsewhere. Fact of the matter is there aren't many great coaches, and the teams with the most success over the long-run see the importance of continuity.

Baltimore, New England, New York Giants, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Seattle, etc. all have track records of sticking to coaches for the long-haul, no coincidence they've also seen long-term success.

Continuity is underrated.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":37sgpm00 said:

Fox is a boob, he was only kept when Manning came along because he made a great Manning patsy who'd let Manning run the show without conflict.

There are a bunch old guard coaches that franchise hire because they're safe, and Fox is one of them. Throw in Mike Smith, Jeff Fisher, Marvin Lewis, Andy Reid, Joe Philbin, Lovie Smith, etc. Just guys who have all the organizational nuts and bolts down, but get their scheme and playcalling asses handed to them when they play against superior coaches.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
I really hope though Manning doesn't go shopping for a new team.

St Louis is a QB away from being damn good, I hope he's steering clear of the NFC West.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":36hsrzw3 said:

St Louis is a QB away from being damn good, I hope he's steering clear of the NFC West.

Hmmm. I don't think playing the Seahawks, Cardinals, and Niners defenses, each twice per year would appeal to him.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":w8fr7rh3 said:

He retires or stays in Denver. I don't see the Broncos letting him go.

He's due $19 million in 2015 & 2016 and according to spotrac his 2015 salary became guaranteed by being on the roster at the end of this season. The same clause goes for next year, so it's expensive for the Broncos to release him during the off season.