Andrew Luck

lucky49

Reaction score
luck is a bigger playoff choker than kaepernick

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
lucky49":7adg11x8 said:
luck is a bigger playoff choker than kaepernick

Also has a higher INT %. Among active NFL QBs only Cam Newton has a worse INT% in the playoffs and out of QBs who are under age 30 the next closest QB to Luck in INTs is Matt Ryan with 7 compared to Lucks 12

Smellyman

Reaction score
After Cincy and Denver the narrative was, "you know what, Adnrew has some good players around him". D was making plays, oline protects great.

After NE, "you know what, Andrew just has nothing around him."

Smellyman

Reaction score
Throwdown":tbog17m5 said:
Colts are a 2-3 win team without him...

Playing with no quarterback then they are 2-3 win team, but if they decided to play with a qb then they would be ok with Matt Hasselbeck.

titan3131

Reaction score
Luck plays in the worst division in football.

Their record vs winning teams isnt good.

TXHawk

Reaction score
People are ragging on Russell Wilson for the four picks against Green Bay but that was just the fifth time in 55 regular and postseason games he has thrown more than one interception. Luck has thrown multiple picks in four of his six playoff games.

I'm tired of continually hearing excuses for Luck when he plays bad, and he had a brutal game against the Pats. Andy Dalton would have been pilloried by the media for putting up that kind of performance.

chevelle03

Reaction score
Yep, not a single mutter in the vein of 'Is Luck for real?' or 'Is Luck overrated?' Not even the question. Most other quarterbacks would get lambasted for the way he played on Sunday.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
But ... he is tall, he throws a nice deep ball, he is the next Payton Manning (which I actually not sure is a good thing), he looks like a prototypical CEO, he could be seen as the face of the Franchise, he didn't steal any computers in College, he comes from a two parents home, he doesn't have a running game, he is asked to do more, he doesn't have any defense, he doesn't have any O-Line, he doesn't have any great receivers (except for HOF Wayne, SB-winner Nicks, high draftpick T.Y. Hilton, TE Flinner, ...) ... If Luck had all the weapons that Russell Wilson has, he would be undefeated !!! Don't you all know that? :sarcasm_off:

mikeak

Reaction score
INTs isn't the measuring stick for qbs. It also makes a big difference on when and where they are thrown which isn't included in the metric.

An interception on 1st and 10 on the 20 picked off on your own 30 is obviously much worse than a 3rd down int that gets picked at the opponents 15 yard line.

Seriously if you are on your own 40 and throw a ball that gets picked by the opponent on their 15 yard line or so with no return is that really worse than an incompletion???

How good a qb is can't just be the sum of some numbers. You have to look at what they accomplish, how they look and how they understand the game.

Doesn't change Luck's success but he is a real good qb - just not as good as RW :)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Like I said before he got drafted, when Stanford was beating a really bad UW team he was handing the ball off and getting knob-slobbered by the media. I've seldom seen another QB hand the ball off with such grace, aplomb, and potential hall-of-fameness.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
I think Luck is a great QB and will have a long, successful career.

I'm more annoyed with the media though when it comes to Luck. Basically, the approved media "narrative" is this:

1) Luck is an elite QB and this generation's best QB. When the Cols win, it is because Luck and his amazing skills, leadership, play from the pocket and presence. When they lose, it's because "he needs more talent around him, the defense isn't very good, he needs a running game, not his fault" blah blah blah

2) Wilson is fortunate to be on the Seahawks. He's a game manager. The Hawks win solely because of defense and Lynch. He's so lucky to have Lynch. See, I told you so, RW had a bad game so it proves he's not good.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
huskylawyer":1xit1h70 said:

I'm more annoyed with the media though when it comes to Luck. Basically, the approved media "narrative" is this:

1) Luck is an elite QB and this generation's best QB. When the Cols win, it is because Luck and his amazing skills, leadership, play from the pocket and presence. When they lose, it's because "he needs more talent around him, the defense isn't very good, he needs a running game, not his fault" blah blah blah

2) Wilson is fortunate to be on the Seahawks. He's a game manager. The Hawks win solely because of defense and Lynch. He's so lucky to have Lynch. See, I told you so, RW had a bad game so it proves he's not good.

To me it really isnt even about losing or winning but about his actual play in the postseason. I mean against the Pats he struggled to get over 100 yards, didnt throw a TD, only completed a 1/3 of his passes and threw 2 INTS. His offensive talent around him is good enough to not have those type of numbers.

If we still had Flynn or Tjack I think we struggle to win 10 games every season and are fighting for a wildcard spot the last 3 years.

Wilson makes this team go from playoff contender to superbowl champion

Ambrose83

Reaction score
huskylawyer":1pzg0scf said:

Spot on.. it gets old but it wont change.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":21hj448x said:
How would Indy do in the NFC west?

They'd get smashed. Their record versus teams outside their conference and against good teams is laughable during the Luck era.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
huskylawyer":2p5vdw7c said:
RichNhansom":2p5vdw7c said:
How would Indy do in the NFC west?

They'd get smashed. Their record versus teams outside their conference and against good teams is laughable during the Luck era.

IDK about the colts as a team but here were Lucks stats against the NFC west last year

vs NFC 82 /141 58.2% 904yards 6.41avg 4TD 4INT 7sacks 74.9 QB rating

The funny thing is people say put Luck on the Seahawks and we only lose 1-2 games a season...well...if you take his game against seattle out of that stat line.

66/112 58.9% 675yards, 6.02Y/A, 2TD 4INT 5sacks 67.37 QB rating

That is just....wow...that is bad

Wilson the last 2 years has 16TD/5INT in the division