Cards sign DT Corey Peters

ringless

Reaction score
DT Corey Peters told @vxmcclure23 he's turning down more money elsewhere to sign w/ #AZCardinals. "Fit was the most important thing."

Also added Sean Weatherspoon and of course Iupati..... It looks like we just got a lot younger on Defense. Peters at 26 should be entering his prime and the same goes for Weatherspoon.

I'm also expecting to hear some news regarding AD this afternoon, and unless a team offers a first he should be a Cardinal for a 4th round pick and a new contract.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":2dpa32x2 said:
DT Corey Peters told @vxmcclure23 he's turning down more money elsewhere to sign w/ #AZCardinals. "Fit was the most important thing."

Also added Sean Weatherspoon and of course Iupati..... It looks like we just got a lot younger on Defense. Peters at 26 should be entering his prime and the same goes for Weatherspoon.

I'm also expecting to hear some news regarding AD this afternoon, and unless a team offers a first he should be a Cardinal for a 4th round pick and a new contract.

Where are you getting this Adrian Peterson stuff?

Nothing on MN radio as of 2 hours ago

ivotuk

Reaction score
IIRC, Peters was well thought of out of college but hasn't lived up to potential. I think had Bowles stayed, he could have improved but I don't know that they have that kind of talent at DC now.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Uncle Si":u9zcniwq said:
ringless":u9zcniwq said:

Nothing has been said for days..... I can't really say, but that when I mentioned Carson would be out for over a month because of nerve issues and I said several days before our beat writers or the NFL even announced it. I have a friend that knows someone in the FO and it happens to be someone very close to Carson.

What I have heard has been pretty consistent. The offer is a 4th or 5th 3yr 24mil 13.5 guaranteed. This is by far AP's top pick, even over Dallas. He wants to win and that is why is willing to take so much less. The only way it won't be done is if some team offers something ridiculous. Supposedly if we have to give up a third he'd be willing to take less than that even to help accomodate. In anticipation of the move although it hasn't been announced and I don't know if it is because of the it not being filed with the league office until now the new Palmer contract is in effect, although nothing official has been announced and I may have gotten this part confused so don't take my word for it but he may be giving some money back, although I'm not sure how that works but the way it was explained wasn't just a simple restructuring but I guess we will know once league finishes the paperwork

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Got it...

You have a friend in the organization who is close to Carson. And Carson knows of the deal to be sent to Minnesota?

either way, he is under contract with Minnesota. They won't deal him until they absolutely have to, and even then, they are only doing so for the best deal they can get.

If they do trade him, it will have nothing to do with his wants or wishes. AP's only influence in this would be to hold out, which he won't do.

Not saying he won't be traded, and it very well may be to Arizona. But not sure a 4th rounder is going to entice the Vikings to give up their best player.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
ringless":2yl2rfmx said:
Uncle Si":2yl2rfmx said:
ringless":2yl2rfmx said:

Nothing has been said for days..... I can't really say, but that when I mentioned Carson would be out for over a month because of nerve issues and I said several days before our beat writers or the NFL even announced it. I have a friend that knows someone in the FO and it happens to be someone very close to Carson.

What I have heard has been pretty consistent. The offer is a 4th or 5th 3yr 24mil 13.5 guaranteed. This is by far AP's top pick, even over Dallas. He wants to win and that is why is willing to take so much less. The only way it won't be done is if some team offers something ridiculous. Supposedly if we have to give up a third he'd be willing to take less than that even to help accomodate. In anticipation of the move although it hasn't been announced and I don't know if it is because of the it not being filed with the league office until now the new Palmer contract is in effect, although nothing official has been announced and I may have gotten this part confused so don't take my word for it but he may be giving some money back, although I'm not sure how that works but the way it was explained wasn't just a simple restructuring but I guess we will know once league finishes the paperwork
That would be shocking if that actually happened. Where did you hear he would chose Arizona over Dallas? Not sure why he would ever make that choice

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Which is what I was about to say. If Peterson is willing to work for less money, he will take that lesser deal in Texas. Not Arizona.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
3yr 24m with 13.5 gtd....those numbers don't sound right for AD, especially when he's the highest paid RB right now.

kearly

Reaction score
I think AP would scare me more in Dallas, funny enough.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
dopeboy206":10vvjbea said:
-The Glove-":10vvjbea said:
dopeboy206":10vvjbea said:
Who the heck is AD...?
Smh

I know him by AP. My fault if I sound like an idiot.

Nah, as far as iinitialisms for him go I think practically everyone recognizes AP or ADP. I've never seen just AD. That would confuse me too.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":wwattylx said:
dopeboy206":wwattylx said:
-The Glove-":wwattylx said:
dopeboy206":wwattylx said:
Who the heck is AD...?
Smh

I know him by AP. My fault if I sound like an idiot.

Nah, as far as iinitialisms for him go I think practically everyone recognizes AP or ADP. I've never seen just AD. That would confuse me too.

It's been AD since forever. Oklahoma fans always called him AD, it's not new.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^I wasn't disputing that.

I was just saying that personally, when initialized, I've probably seen it 70% of the time as "ADP" and 30% of the time as "AP." For whatever reason I don't recall every having seen it as "AD" before.

That, said just because I (also) haven't seen it before obviously doesn't mean it's not fairly common or doesn't exist. :lol:

EDIT: Looks like he prefers "AD" to "AP" :th2thumbs:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... iew-update