Cowboys sign Darren McFadden

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Would be a nice story if he did, but I'm not too sure.

People of course talk about him always being injured, but the thing that some people might not have noticed if they're not in the Bay Area (and as a result are forced to watch the Raiders :lol: ) is that all of those injuries have also caught up with him and eroded his skills along the way.

I think a lot of people still remember him as that dynamic player that was still performing on a crappy Raiders team for the first four years of his career, but haven't quite realized that in his nearly 500 carries in the last three years he has averaged 3.3 YPC, and his YPR has fallen by 30-40% in the last three years too.

He's a shell of the guy he was IMO, although if he can stay healthy that Cowboys offensive line might be strong enough to mask how below average of a player he is at this point.

If he can stay healthy (a big if) I think it's possible for him to eek out 4 YPC and 1K rushing yards for the Cowboys, but I also think there's probably 60-75 guys in the NFL, if given health and the opportunity, who could do that behind that Cowboys O-Line.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":282g7x67 said:
Would be a nice story if he did, but I'm not too sure.

People of course talk about him always being injured, but the thing that some people might not have noticed if they're not in the Bay Area (and as a result are forced to watch the Raiders :lol: ) is that all of those injuries have also caught up with him and eroded his skills along the way.

I think a lot of people still remember him as that dynamic player that was still performing on a crappy Raiders team for the first four years of his career, but haven't quite realized that in his nearly 500 carries in the last three years he has averaged 3.3 YPC, and his YPR has fallen by 30-40% in the last three years too.

He's a shell of the guy he was IMO, although if he can stay healthy that Cowboys offensive line might be strong enough to mask how below average of a player he is at this point.

If he can stay healthy (a big if) I think it's possible for him to eek out 4 YPC and 1K rushing yards for the Cowboys, but I also think there's probably 60-75 guys in the NFL, if given health and the opportunity, who could do that behind that Cowboys O-Line.
I would guess this is a stopgap, or just in case our guys in the draft don't fall to us kind of move.

And a JJ/Arkansas thing.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Wonder if they're wheeling and dealing for Peterson behind the scenes hoping to make some news. That or they plan to throw 40-50 times per game this year without murray.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I agree, I don't think this is the Cowboys final solution at the position. I think they will be big players for Gordon or Gurley (or a vet RB like Peterson), and McFadden will just be a stopgap or backup in the end.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
McFadden will be the backup.

They will either get AP or draft a RB high