Rumor: Browns trying to trade Manziel & 1st for Bradford?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Browns honestly should just round up tons of former starting QBs who are way past their prime and let them battle it out:

David Garrard, Shane Falco, Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Kerry Collins, Kordell Stewart, JP Losman, Daunte Culpepper. I'd watch that season of Hardknocks.

Or do they could do the smart thing, get Kyle Orton to un-retire, and win some football games.

Vetamur

Reaction score
mistaowen":22ky7yyk said:
Browns honestly should just round up tons of former starting QBs who are way past their prime and let them battle it out:

David Garrard, Shane Falco, Rex Grossman, Joey Harrington, Kerry Collins, Kordell Stewart, JP Losman, Daunte Culpepper. I'd watch that season of Hardknocks.

Or do they could do the smart thing, get Kyle Orton to un-retire, and win some football games.

Tim Tebow. and as much of a joke as that is, it might actually be an upgrade.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure the Brown's are desperately trying to shop Manziel, but lol @ thinking the Eagles would be interested in only moving up 8 spots, losing their starting QB and taking on the Manziel circus show.

mistaowen

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":28t018sx said:
mistaowen":28t018sx said:
Rex Grossman

Careful here. I'll not hear a bad word uttered against RG1.

The Bears had so much talent at QB when him and Orton were battling it out. QB coaches dream job.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2sib57dy said:
Oh I'm sure the Brown's are desperately trying to shop Manziel, but lol @ thinking the Eagles would be interested in only moving up 8 spots, losing their starting QB and taking on the Manziel circus show.

What's moving up 8 spots?

They'd be doing this if they were trying to get Mariota; having two first round picks to move up with gets them a heck of a lot closer to getting that done, if not getting it done outright.

In essence they'd have traded Nick Foles and a 2016 2nd round pick for Manziel and a 2015 1st round pick (pick #12 or #19).

That's a very big win for them, even if Manziel ends up being as useless as he has been so far.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":38xw8h1j said:
Sgt. Largent":38xw8h1j said:

What's moving up 8 spots?

They'd be doing this if they were trying to get Mariota; having two first round picks to move up with gets them a heck of a lot closer to getting that done, if not getting it done outright.

In essence they'd have traded Nick Foles and a 2016 2nd round pick for Manziel and a 2015 1st round pick (pick #12 or #19).

That's a very big win for them, even if Manziel ends up being as useless as he has been so far.

You think Mariota's going to drop to 10? Or that Kelly's going to trade picks to move up?

I know everyone is loving trying to connect Kelly to Mariota, but Kelly's not stupid like Dan Snyder, trading away extremely valuable draft picks in order to draft an unproven rookie that's going to take 2-3 years to develop into a good QB when the Eagle's are built to win now.

kearly

Reaction score
The Browns tried to get Bradford from the Rams, so it makes sense they'd be pestering Kelly. There is a rumor that Cleveland offered a 1st for Bradford to the Eagles, though that rumor is disputed here.

A Mark Sanchez led Eagles team would probably win about 7 games. And in a town like Philly, after the crazy offseason Kelly is having, that could possibly get him fired. There's no way a deal happens unless it means Kelly upgrades from Bradford to Mariota.

There have been some 3-way trade rumors at the Titans SBnation site. Just speculation, not sourced, but the pieces are all there. Tennessee wants to sell their pick. The Browns want Bradford. The Eagles want Mariota.

Draft Day was a terrible movie, but the insane, too strange and stupid to be true stuff, making a deal to make a deal to make a deal... Kelly is having that kind of an offseason.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Vetamur":1ibwpyrw said:
mistaowen":1ibwpyrw said:

Tim Tebow. and as much of a joke as that is, it might actually be an upgrade.

Or Troy Aikman???

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Honestly I could see a trade happen if Kelly can snag Hundley

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Still think he'll end up in Dallas within' a year. Crazy uncle Jerruh has some serious wood for the guy (Johnny "not so good at" Football).

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Teams WANT Bradford?!! Hahahaha! God we are blessed.

Of course we once traded for Kelly Stouffer and Clipboard Jesus.

Desperate times...always get the worm or something.

RedAlice

Reaction score
When I first saw this topic, I thought it was a funny distraction, bored off-season thing.

It's gained some momentum. Showing up all over the place now.

I will be sad for B if it's true.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1e45alkl said:
Eagles would probably be better off with Manziel. :)

I cannot disagree.

I also might be feeling a bit sad for B. I don't want him to be my QB - but, not like I don't want him to find that other happy place.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":3z0sn0vq said:
RolandDeschain":3z0sn0vq said:

I cannot disagree.

I also might be feeling a bit sad for B. I don't want him to be my QB - but, not like I don't want him to find that other happy place.

I'm confused, I thought all women wanted guys to find happy places.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":25j0pxu1 said:
RedAlice":25j0pxu1 said:
RolandDeschain":25j0pxu1 said:

I cannot disagree.

I think my double negative got all confusing. Well, that is perfectly appropriate for the topic of B.

I want Bradford to find his perfect happy place somewhere that is not on the Rams. Now, where his happy place is, that is not up to me. Browns, Eagles, knitting, hiking in Asia.....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":103j4s3h said:
chris98251":103j4s3h said:
RedAlice":103j4s3h said:
RolandDeschain":103j4s3h said:

I cannot disagree.

I think my double negative got all confusing. Well, that is perfectly appropriate for the topic of B.

I want Bradford to find his perfect happy place somewhere that is not on the Rams. Now, where his happy place is, that is not up to me. Browns, Eagles, knitting, hiking in Asia.....
I'd like him to find it with the 49ers.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yxes1122":11fmk2pq said:
Honestly I could see a trade happen if Kelly can snag Hundley

Hundley is a terrible qb. I'm not sure chip would take him as an undrafted free agent. He wants a qb who happens to be an athlete, not an athlete who happens to be a qb.