Cowboys at Saints

Erebus

Reaction score
Is there a rule I don't know about in which a team gets more than 40 seconds on the play clock after a big play? The Cowboys just had a big play to Brice Butler. The play clock started over at 40 after the play. It got down to 4 seconds and they reset it to 25. The Cowboys snapped the ball after the new play clock got down to 13 seconds. I rewound it to make sure it wasn't a mistake, and sure enough they had 50 seconds to run a play.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Referees seem to be favoring Colts and Cowboys today. Some of the calls they made against the Jags were bogus.

OrFan

Reaction score
This is a pretty funny game. What is supposed to be one of the best teams, Dullass, is barely hanging in there with the worst team in the NFL, New Orleans.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
OrFan":k5ig8m3j said:
This is a pretty funny game. What is supposed to be one of the best teams, Dullass, is barely hanging in there with the worst team in the NFL, New Orleans.

Dude they are without their QB, star WR, and their two best pass rushers. Oh and Sean Lee is out of the game with a concussion.

And Dallas was actually an underdog in this game.

Barakas

Reaction score
First play for CM with the Cowboys....3rd and 1....he loses a yard.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Crucial short yardage situation, Dallas brings in CMike for his first play of the year and he gets stuffed for a loss.

That was bizarre. Probably the 3rd best RB they have for that particular situation, plus he's been on ice all year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
DavidSeven":v2cwwaw5 said:
Crucial short yardage situation, Dallas brings in CMike for his first play of the year and he gets stuffed for a loss.

That was bizarre. Probably the 3rd best RB they have for that particular situation, plus he's been on ice all year.

Typical Jason Garrett move right there lol.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not sure why Dallas didn't even attempt a single redzone run with 2 minutes left. Too much time for Brees. Badly managed.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SMH...saints can make a chip shot to send the cowboys to 2-2.... :roll:

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
And you see fellas, this is same old saints that I was quite accustomed to before the current regime. Just find such stupid ways to potentially lose games.
Satisfied with the result today, though.

El Caliente

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":dsgg97xa said:
And you see fellas, this is same old saints that I was quite accustomed to before the current regime. Just find such stupid ways to potentially lose games.

Agreed.

We pass when we should run, and we don't run no huddle when we should be running no huddle.

I don't care if this win was against Dallas' backups backups, a win is a win, and thats what matters. What else matters is that the NFL's youngest defense (the Saints def.) is showing some teeth. We got Byrd back, and Lewis. We have 5 rookies starting (Davidson, Richardson, Kikaha, Breaux, and Anthony) on defense, and we are getting better as they get experience. We just need the offense to hold up their end of the bargain.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
El Caliente":2p9sfjbx said:
BlackandGolden":2p9sfjbx said:

Agreed.

We pass when we should run, and we don't run no huddle when we should be running no huddle.

I don't care if this win was against Dallas' backups backups, a win is a win, and thats what matters. What else matters is that the NFL's youngest defense (the Saints def.) is showing some teeth. We got Byrd back, and Lewis. We have 5 rookies starting (Davidson, Richardson, Kikaha, Breaux, and Anthony) on defense, and we are getting better as they get experience. We just need the offense to hold up their end of the bargain.

1-3 may not be that impressive but I love this win here. Those rooks wrecked one of the best OL's in the nfl, with Kikaha and Anthony looking unstoppable. I have a lot of confidence in that defense going forward.

El Caliente

Reaction score
I think when Brees hangs them up we will be going with the model that the Seahawks are using, where we focus our talents and energy on defense, and with a guy like Sean at the helm, we can put in Grayson, or some other qb, and drop off from where we are with Brees, but not enough to where we will be stoppable. The young group on defense gives me hope for the future. The avg. exp. on our def. is 2.7 years, so the fact that we are giving up major yards and points shouldnt be a surprise.

These next few games will tell alot about our season, and where it is headed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":12rue731 said:
El Caliente":12rue731 said:
BlackandGolden":12rue731 said:

Agreed.

1-3 may not be that impressive but I love this win here. Those rooks wrecked one of the best OL's in the nfl, with Kikaha and Anthony looking unstoppable. I have a lot of confidence in that defense going forward.
So did I, I hate Dallas! Good job Saints! :th2thumbs: