Andrew Luck or . . . Matt Hasselbeck?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Isnt Matt like 4-0 right now?

Wouldn't you stick with him even if Luck is healthy? Same with Brock and Peyton?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If the Colts are committed to Luck as their franchise QB, which I'm sure they are, you have to start Luck if he's healthy. It's about building his longterm confidence and development and also maintaining the confidence his teammates have in him.

That said, Hasselbeck has outplayed Luck by a significant margin. In a vacuum, he has won the competition, and it hasn't been very close. Under different circumstances, he would be the entrenched starter for at least this season.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":nz5weonh said:

Wouldn't you stick with him even if Luck is healthy? Same with Brock and Peyton?

LOL both starters will start when healthy. The media is just helping stupid people waste time talking about a really unimportant issue

chris98251

Reaction score
If the Colts make the playoffs on Hass's back given the way he has played versus Luck do you really bench him with a Super Bowl possible?

Luck is no Greise, Hass's has been a Earl Morrall though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":ztm73ej4 said:
Uncle Si":ztm73ej4 said:

LOL both starters will start when healthy. The media is just helping stupid people waste time talking about a really unimportant issue

Stupid huh?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
So Pagano said they won't start Luck until he is 100 percent.

Coachspeak for when Hass loses a start and the controversey over him or Luck evaporates.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21t86ynm said:

I think the situations are very different. Peyton has no future in Denver. Luck is the future in Indy.

I am just so damn proud of Matt that he is making this a national talking point at 40 years old.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McGruff":3ux5m8yt said:
Uncle Si":3ux5m8yt said:

I think the situations are very different. Peyton has no future in Denver. Luck is the future in Indy.

I am just so damn proud of Matt that he is making this a national talking point at 40 years old.
Luck is the future, but he was playing so very, very bad. Which is why I think the wait til he is 100 percent really means wait til Matt has a clunker and makes going back to Luck pretty easy.

The Luck has no talent around him arguments sure evaporated.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
McGruff":2oqjw4hp said:
Uncle Si":2oqjw4hp said:

Thats a good point about the two situations.

That said, do you risk a less than healthy Luck on a situation that is relatively mediocre (at best) at the moment anyways and just see what Matt can do? Or do you throw Luck back in and see if he can finish the push?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hass looks like he has the team right now. Hass is the future for the Colts. Luck is a pick off machine but still funny enough rated much higher by the mediots than he should be.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ofnhe9g said:
Hass looks like he has the team right now. Hass is the future for the Colts. Luck is a pick off machine but still funny enough rated much higher by the mediots than he should be.

oh behave

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hass is playing like Alice Smith and not throwing the ball more than 5 yards downfield. I love Hass, but he is almost done. He is teaching Luck a bit of veteran savvy and hopefully Luck will incorporate that savvy into his game and quit making so many poor decisions. Luck couldn't have a better mentor for teaching him, but Hass would still be making the poor decisions on occasion too if he still had the arm strength. Hass knows his limitations now, Luck is still trying to figure his out.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3arxbs0v said:
Cyrus12":3arxbs0v said:

Hass is 40. He's not the future for anyone. He IS, however, playing at a pretty high level right now and I've enjoyed watching him this season and reminiscing. I loved him while he was here. Remember the 2007 season? That was all Hass. We had no running game and no great WRs. He was so good that year. I really hope he can go to the playoffs and win with that team, but next year, I'd love to see us give him a one-day contract so that he can retire a Hawk. ROH inductee or RIOT.

haha...just like poking fun at the situation...The 40 yr old looks better than the number one pick from a few years back though...

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Likely that Luck was playing injured for a while, which would be why he struggled.

I think if/when Luck is truly 100%, he will start. But I think they should go with Hasselbeck for the rest of the year, because regardless of who the QB is, the Colts have no chance at winning the AFC anyway. Might as well let Luck really heal up.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd stick with Hass until the magic runs out.The team seems to respond under him better.Luck is the future but Hass is for the here and now.