Tom Coughlin to interview for Eagles HC job

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
As reported by Schefter at halftime of the Hou/KC Wildcard game.

I think he'd be a step up from the Chipster. And no, I don't think the game has passed him by.

rlkats

Reaction score
That would be a good hire. It would piss of a ton of giants players lol. But non the less great hire

kearly

Reaction score
Good hire for Philly if it happens. Coughlin is the best retread coach available.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
NFC East rival...wow. Surprises me he'd entertain doing that to his franchise. Similar to retiring just to get out of a non desirable situation.

It's not like he was fired.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2kn5h9ix said:
NFC East rival...wow. Surprises me he'd entertain doing that to his franchise. Similar to retiring just to get out of a non desirable situation.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

rideaducati

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":l96cvgyh said:

The Giants didn't want him back so he did the admirable thing and stepped down. He could have forced them to fire him, but he is a bigger man. I doubt he would have any qualms about being able to stick it to the Giants twice a year.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Yeah, no sarcasm intended.

I saw that he stepped down, but with the interest in keeping him within the organization it seemed that the Giants never wanted him gone. I stand corrected. I guess they just didn't want him coaching anymore?

I still feel going to a division rival would look bad on his part. But maybe he still wants to coach and doesn't want to be in Cleveland or SF.

rideaducati

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":392igxy4 said:
Yeah, no sarcasm intended.

I saw that he stepped down, but with the interest in keeping him within the organization it seemed that the Giants never wanted him gone. I stand corrected. I guess they just didn't want him coaching anymore?

I still feel going to a division rival would look bad on his part. But maybe he still wants to coach and doesn't want to be in Cleveland or SF.

I think he would fit perfectly in Santa Clara. He ONLY wants to coach and doesn't care who gets the credit...a perfect match for Baalke. They'll go NOWHERE...together.