Reaction score
3 games per Rapaport.
Hold for link.

0bb5397bbff5877afcc71d73c14c0381.jpg

Edit: for link
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... mes-by-nfl

Laloosh

Reaction score
Good. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Dare I say, purfict response?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm guessing they'll also roll the hit on Ben into that and his general attitude in order to justify it and make it harder for the NFLPA and/Burfict and his agent to say anything if it isn't reduced.

Dude was out of control.

Edit: Yep. Per the story linked, he was nailed for, "repeated violations of safety-related playing rules."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He flat out deserves it. But......I'm still waiting for Joey "the feline" Porter's suspension. He is a coach that should be held to a higher standard and not be involved in starting crap.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3gv3vqpn said:
He flat out deserves it. But......I'm still waiting for Joey "the feline" Porter's suspension. He is a coach that should be held to a higher standard and not be involved in starting crap.
Co-commissioner Rooney is against this so it won't happen. Same reason Mike Tomlin got NO suspension for tripping an opposing player in the field of play.

peppersjap

Reaction score
No excuse for Burfict but Joey Porter was a complete douche bag when he played and is obviously continuing down that road. I would be so embarrassed it the Seahawks hired on a coach like that.

retro74

Reaction score
Lucky it's only three. There is some footage of him hammering his knee into Roethlisberger's injured shoulder when they are on the ground

JSeahawks

Reaction score
retro74":3c1zfjin said:
Lucky it's only three. There is some footage of him hammering his knee into Roethlisberger's injured shoulder when they are on the ground

Well, in that case the suspension should be reduced to one.

Largent80

Reaction score
Remember that thread here years ago where a member was all over his jock for us to draft him?

Osprey

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3na405ya said:
retro74":3na405ya said:

Well, in that case the suspension should be reduced to one.

:th2thumbs: :13: :th2thumbs:

purpleneer

Reaction score
I agree with the suspension, but this is definitely a case that illustrates how much personality and image matter. Clay Matthews and and Von Miller are a couple examples of guys who have a similar history of blatant violations of safety-related playing rules; public image and to some extent team-affiliation lead to their violations going ignored or punished much less harshly.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ I put it more under publicity due to how and when it happened

This was a prime time playoff game. I strongly impacted the outcome of the game. It was followed by additional issues

Latest posts