London based Team in 6 years?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Can just see the threads now

"First we go to Green Bay to play at 10AM then we go to London for the divisional round?!"

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":148awebh said:

"First we go to Green Bay to play at 10AM then we go to London for the divisional round?!"

Yep, it's all being done to take down the Hawks.

sutz

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":s52aw2br said:

...at 5 am. :shock:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If this ever does happen (which I hope it doesn't) they better have the best drafts of all time because I can't imagine free agents wanting to play over there.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":rv3ehnrd said:
If this ever does happen (which I hope it doesn't) they better have the best drafts of all time because I can't imagine free agents wanting to play over there.

In the Australian Football League, the league gives the Sydney based teams a larger salary cap because historically not many players come from that area and it's got a high cost of living, so the extra money is meant to attract/retain players that otherwise wouldn't go there or wouldn't stay.

I'd imagine the NFL would have to do something similar with London if this was to work in any meaningful way.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3pgoxadn said:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-plans-to-put-franchise-in-london-within-six-years-012016

If you think travel is bad for Seattle. We wouldn't have anything on these guys. Holy smokes this is crazy! I never thought they would actually try this.

The travel itself wouldnt be all that much longer than Coast to Coast for division games if they were in the EAST, it would be the time difference that would be the main thing IMO. You could also probably schedule it where they play a few road games in a row and just stay in the US, but then they would have to have facilities here as well

I dont think its a good idea though

kearly

Reaction score
When and not if this happens, it will be such a Goodell move. Hurting the game to make an extra penny on the dollar.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
drrew":dp19mhsm said:
JSeahawks":dp19mhsm said:

In the Australian Football League, the league gives the Sydney based teams a larger salary cap because historically not many players come from that area and it's got a high cost of living, so the extra money is meant to attract/retain players that otherwise wouldn't go there or wouldn't stay.

I'd imagine the NFL would have to do something similar with London if this was to work in any meaningful way.

Screw that. No advantages. If Goodell wants this crap, they should have to follow the exact same rules. If that means, this doesn't happen or fails miserably, good.

scutterhawk

Reaction score