Here to grudgingly give John Elway a LOT of credit

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
He saw what our D did the best regular season offense of all-time 2 years ago and went out and got himself a very good defense and look what it did to the pats today. Have never liked the guy, but smart as hell for changing his approach. I believe with that D they can play with Carolina or AZ.

chris98251

Reaction score
He played for Denver when they had the Orange Crush, he knows what a defense can do for you.

Optimus25

Reaction score
He's up crap creek tho if the best they come up with is osweiler next year.

And i think this is going to be a mini version of forty eight. Complete nfc domination.

irocdave

Reaction score
Grudgingly, I have to give old horse face some credit as well. The Donkys D is a hard hitting aggressive bunch that put a ponding on Brady and his minions. Reminded me of the hawks D a couple years ago. The Donks D put more hard hits on the pats today than the Hawks have in any game this year, not to mention the consistent pressure in the QB's face.

That's a stout D that can hold it's own with any offense. Hope they face the Cards, but if it's the Panthers, they could shut them down also.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wade Phillips deserves a game ball for changing up his defense.

Elway is smart though. How many GMs would have the balls to dump the coach that got you to the Super bowl? Smart move because Fox will never win the big one.

Add to that, hiring Kubiak who always failed in the play offs. Smart man. He recognized that Houston failures weren't all on Gary.

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":18g8h9v1 said:
Wade Phillips deserves a game ball for changing up his defense.

Elway is smart though. How many GMs would have the balls to dump the coach that got you to the Super bowl? Smart move because Fox will never win the big one.

Add to that, hiring Kubiak who always failed in the play offs. Smart man. He recognized that Houston failures weren't all on Gary.

Well Kubiak was his back up for years and then his QB coach afterwards, he knows how knowledgeable the guy is and Houston's biggest problem has been QB, still is.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
chris98251":z6a2g3xt said:
He played for Denver when they had the Orange Crush, he knows what a defense can do for you.
The Original "Orange Crush" Defense was before the John Elway era. 1977
Elway joined the Broncos in 1983.

I'll bet Elway wished he had that Defense when he played. They finally got a decent Defense for those back to back Super Bowls vs. Green Bay and Atlanta.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27 ... ts-playoff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Crush_Defense

chris98251

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":5ibqs968 said:
chris98251":5ibqs968 said:
The Original "Orange Crush" Defense was before the John Elway era. 1977
Elway joined the Broncos in 1983.

I'll bet Elway wished he had that Defense when he played. They finally got a decent Defense for those back to back Super Bowls vs. Green Bay and Atlanta.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27 ... ts-playoff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Crush_Defense

1970s and early 1980s from your link so it was still a mainstay there.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":5p2cz2pe said:
Just opted to not present one when his donko's faced the Seahawks, eh?
He figured that with Peyton Manning on board, that they would just smother the Seahawks with TD's.