Von Miller....Does he fit in a 4-3?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Can he play DE in a 4-3? I would gladly say no to Okung, Sweezy, Lane and Irvin if it means we can bring in Miller. Move Mike Bennett back into the DT spot to generate pressure up the middle and then have Miller & Avril bringing heat off the edge.

Marvin49

Reaction score
LOL.

I have the same high in the sky dreams...

...Sign Von Miller to huge contract (may have as much a 60 mil in cap room), draft Myles Jack and have that dominating foursome of LBs again in Miller, Bowman, Jack, and Lynch....

....but never gonna happen. I can't imagine Denver ever letting Von get away.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, basically.

To answer the half of the question I wasn't laughing about though: Nah, I don't really think Miller fits as well as 4-3 DE as he does as a 3-4 OLB.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Von Miller will be a Bronco for a long, long time. He's not even sniffing Free Agency.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Acquiring Miller would guarantee another Bennett hold out.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Bennett, Avril and Von Miller on the same team would be amazing. However, keeping Bennett outside and drafting a DT who excells at the pass rush would give you similar results for way lower costs.

Subzero717

Reaction score
NINEster":25l2rngq said:
I'm pretty sure early years with Denver, they played a 4-3, and Miller was good in it too.

Here you go:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... n/2011.htm
Yes. Fox ran a 4-3 and he was awesome. Thought was here and I want to say I heard PC say it but I may have wanted to hear it, that Bruce was to be used similarly which never materialized to that extent.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Franchise tag projection for a DE in 2016 is $15.5m and $14m for a linebacker.

The worst case scenario for Denver is they use the tag.

Miller is pretty much set to top Ndamukong Suh's $19m APY though. He's miles better than Suh and has the Super Bowl stock in his favour.

He will not be on the market and there's no way the Seahawks can afford him.

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3vx0ovgc said:
Bennett, Avril and Von Miller on the same team would be amazing. However, keeping Bennett outside and drafting a DT who excells at the pass rush would give you similar results for way lower costs.

A pass rushing DT doesn't fall in the draft.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Subzero717":25u28cbs said:
NINEster":25u28cbs said:
I'm pretty sure early years with Denver, they played a 4-3, and Miller was good in it too.

Here you go:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... n/2011.htm
Yes. Fox ran a 4-3 and he was awesome. Thought was here and I want to say I heard PC say it but I may have wanted to hear it, that Bruce was to be used similarly which never materialized to that extent.

I recall the Bruce comparisons, but that was when he still projected as a Leo before his move to SAM. So it's been a while.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
A player like that, you put him anywhere and he'll be successful.

And yeah, Pete did compare Bruce to Von Miller when they drafted him. It was obvious then that a "Von Miller" was exactly what he was hoping for.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Is Denver not in cap hell?I read it all the time yet they somehow weasel out..They have to pay out raises just like everyone else.I don't know they can afford VM without breaking up a SB team.

crosfam

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ebnneiz said:
Acquiring Miller would guarantee another Bennett hold out.

Probably have to release Bennett and/or Avril to pay him. Not happening. We are drafting a bunch of folks and signing a few reasonable FA. And paying our own guys. That will disappoint some, but I will hold to that prediction.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Von Miller would fit into any defense. He would not fit into our salary cap situation.