Less than a week Seahawks 2023 mock draft

Chevy

Reaction score
I have done a lot of mocks for the Seahawks 2023 draft and this is my last for this draft. In this draft I have taken into account the Seahawks top-30 visits and what JS and Pete have said about how they have evolved their drafting of prospects.

1st round #5 - (CB) Devon Witherspoon 5'11' 181 Lbs, Illinois:
Devon doesn't fit Pete profile at CB, but they did bring him in for a top-30 visit. He plays much bigger than his size and is a day 1 starter. He can move around and follow the opposing team's best WR be it outside or in the slot. I also believe he could be moved to FS in a year or two and play at a All Pro level. Take Devon and we would have two amazing CBs who would give our pass rushers extra time to get after the QB. I think DE Tyree Wilson will be drafted at #2 or #3 so Witherspoon will be their next in line non-QB draft choice.

1st round #20 - (OLB/LEO) Will McDonald 6'3" 242 lbs., Iowa State: McDonald is the best pass rusher in the draft IMO. I think he is a top-10 prospect, but the rest of the draft community has him late 1st. So at this point he would be a steal. Richard Sherman had mentioned that Pete is going back to his style of defense, so possibly we are a 4-3 team next year. If we go back to a 4-3 defense, then McDonald profile fits the perfect prospect at the LEO position. Dre Mont Jones would be the "Michael Bennett" and McDonald would be the much better version of Chris Clemons...we would also have amazing depth with situational pass rushers this year.

B51726e1 1718 4433 917a 61b42b5d609b 1920x1080

2nd round #37 - (OC) Joe Tippman 6'6" 315 lbs., Wisconsin: Tippman is an athletic OC and is a great fit for the Seahawks offensive line scheme. He is athletic and a good leader on the offensive line. I don't know if he will fall to #37, but if he does his value and our needs would line up. We would finally draft a legit OC.

TRADE: Seahawks trade 2nd round #52 to the Texans for 3rd round #65 and 4th round #104.

3rd round #65 (from Texans) - (3-tech DT/DE) Kobie Turner 6'3" 290 lbs., Wake Forest:
Turner is a productive, love of game, athletic big man. He can play 3-tech in a 4-3, DE in a 3-4, and occasional OLB in a 3-4. Kobie has great agility for his size and has good initial quickness. He also has a high motor, never thinks he is out of making a play. Turner is my favorite DT in the draft not named Jalen Carter.

3rd round #83 - (TE) Luke Schoonmaker 6'5" 251 lbs., Michigan: TE is going to be a big need next year, so we take advantage of a amazingly deep TE class this year. Luke is not a linear player, he has good agility which will help him as a route runner providing a quick target in the middle of the field for the QB.

4th round #104 (from Texans) - (WR) Charlie Jones 5'11' 175 lbs., Purdue: Jones is a very crafty slot WR. He has good initial quickness. He could legit compete to start as WR3 or WR4 his rookie year.

4th round #123 - (NT/1-tech DT) Keondre Coburn 6'2" 332 lbs., Texas: Coburn has the size and athleticism to be a scheme fit for any defense. He could provide good depth this year and be a starter in year two.

RawImage

5th round #151 - S/CB/LB) Marte Mapu 6'3" 216 lbs., Sacramento State: Mapu is a highly athletic S/LB/slot CB. He was a top-30 visit for the Seahawks. I think Mapu would take over at SS when the Seahawks move on from Jamal Adams next year.

5th round #154 - (OT/OG) Jordan McFadden 6'2" 302 lbs., Clemson: McFadden was a top-30 visit for the Seahawks. He can compete at RG and at worst give us depth all along the offensive line.

6th round #198 - (RB) Chris Rodriguez 6'0" 217 lbs., Kentucky: Rodriguez in not explosive or athletic, but he is a hammer with good contact balance. He would be a great change of pace to K9, but with our offensive line he could be a good starter if K9 went down for the year.

7th round #237 - (LB) Bumper Pool 6'2" 232 lbs., Arkansas: Pool can provide good depth although doubtful as a legit starter in the future. He was a 4-star recruit coming out of high school and ended up being the career leader in tackles all-time for the university.

With our current roster and this draft, I think we could make a deep run into the playoffs this year.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
love your mocks. how many do you think you will get right?

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
love your mocks. how many do you think you will get right?
Thanks.

I don't know. I try to mock players that fit JS and Pete's scheme, athletic profile for the position, things they have recently said about the draft, top-30 visits, and past draft history. I think Tippmann will be the one player in my mock that they target as a must have, is that at #20 or a bit later?

irfuben32

Reaction score
I like Witherspoon but only if we drop back a few spots. Stay in the top ten but pick up some more second rounders.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I like the kid A LOT but I don't see him as a MUST have. If we move back and he is gone I can live with that.
I also don't think he is a must have. My only must have in the top-10 would be Will McDonald. But I do see how the Seahawks can make a case for taking Witherspoon at #5.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I agree with what you said about McDonald and the possibility of PC going back to his old defense that being said I doubt PC would invest in a press man corner at the #5 spot when you will be playing a cover 3. Tippman is a late 2nd rd/3rd pick if Seattle does draft a center I can see Tippman or Wypler in 3-4th rds or Stromberg later on

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I agree with what you said about McDonald and the possibility of PC going back to his old defense that being said I doubt PC would invest in a press man corner at the #5 spot when you will be playing a cover 3. Tippman is a late 2nd rd/3rd pick if Seattle does draft a center I can see Tippman or Wypler in 3-4th rds or Stromberg later on
I wouldn't want them to draft a CB at #5, but they did have Witherspoon in for a top-30 visit. The Seahawks CBs used to play a fair amount of press back in the LOB days, but I don't know the percentage of how often they CBs played press man.

I'm seeing Tippman being selected in late 1st in mocks. Tony Pauline, popular draft guy, had mention in a interview today that he could see the Seahawks take Tipperman in the back end of the 1st round. I think we would be lucky to draft him with our first 2nd round pick. We will get to see how it plays out here in a few days.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
This is a hell of a mock. I can't pick at anything...I know we have had our battles about McDonald but I agree he's the perfect LEO for Pete Carroll. Bendy and quick with super long arms. He's like that big WR unicorn that Pete Carroll wanted for years before DK.

I actually talked about Witherspoon going at #5 way back even before the Senior Bowl. I like him that much. He's not Sauce Gardner but his numbers out of college look similar to Gardner's...What I like in a top CB is they are aggressive and have a nasty attitude. He's not going to talk like Sherman but he's going to be loud on the field if that makes sense. He lives in the hip pocket of a WR.

People might concentrate on the 1st-2nd rounds but rounds 3-7 picks are soooo good. Charlie Jones and Bumper Pool are 2 of my favorite steals in the draft. But I might see the team falling in love with Jonathan Mingo a few rounds before Jones. Schoonmaker and Rodriguez are really underrated.

Great job bro! This was great to read and see. Much appreciate the hard work.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
No idea why I knew nothing about Charlie Jones. Thanks for turning me onto this kid (That is, if we get him). Absolute stud and reminds me a bit of ADB. Even as an incoming rook he looks like a guy that will be hard to keep off the field.