Report: Rams interested in Peyton for 2016?

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2qyxv3r4 said:
He wants nothing to do with the NFC west.

That plane has come and went, he already had a chance to come to the west and would not even meet with us, that line the Rams have would give him therapist sessions.

Msfann

Reaction score
The guy is still a bronco, can the Rams even say they are interested in him right now?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Msfann":3iazyixm said:
The guy is still a bronco, can the Rams even say they are interested in him right now?

Article says "internal discussions". There is nothing against that. They'd have a problem if the coach/gm/owner mentioned it in an interview.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That would be sad like watching Joe Namath trying to play with the "Rams" or Johnny Unitas with the Chargers..I'll pass

RedAlice

Reaction score
I am completely against this idea.

As I recall, he wanted to stay in the AFC last time - so, hopefully he doesn't even consider the Rams.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RedAlice":3uj3grxt said:
I am completely against this idea.

As I recall, he wanted to stay in the AFC last time - so, hopefully he doesn't even consider the Rams.
He did say at one point that he wanted to stay in the AFC so he didn't have to compete against Eli.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Broncos please win Sb50 so Peyton Manning can retire. I fear for his health if he comes back another year. He'll be out there with a walker until he gets one more ring.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I'd take him. Can't be worse than the garbage we've trotted out the past 10 years, and his knowledge of the game alone would benefit all the young players on offense.

Can also teach any young promising QB we get.

RedAlice

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":37s240e6 said:
Ramfan128":37s240e6 said:
I'd take him. Can't be worse than the garbage we've trotted out the past 10 years, and his knowledge of the game alone would benefit all the young players on offense.

Can also teach any young promising QB we get.

Bear in mind he allegedly refused to do this for Osweiler.

Exactly! Nothing good would come of this.

Just because we don't have a QB, doesn't mean he is automatically a good temporary solution.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Is that a typo? I didn't click the article, but I think they would DEFINITELY be interested in Payton...as in Sean.

canfan

Reaction score
If teams keeping wheeling Peyton out on the field, at some point it has to be considered elder abuse. I hope the Rams do sign him and that it inspires Fisher to put on the pads and become a "player coach" .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Manning doesn't seem like the kind of player that'd be cool with a mercenary type one year deal with any team.

He likes to dictate in the pieces around him and be vested in the overall direction of the team. One of the reasons he chose Denver, Elway was there and let him call plays and dictate personnel.

So I'm sure Kroenke would love to have an old Manning over the Larry, Curly and Moe's he has on his QB depth chart. Just don't see it happening.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Manning goes to the Rams he will be in the mercenary position a lot.