Update: Dolphins sign Mario Williams

nanomoz

Reaction score
Dolphins still run a 34? If so, I don't get it. Mario belongs in a 43, playing pure DE.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Aye. Sense is made. Thanks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Dolphins sure seem spend a lot of time and cash trying to win in FA like the Skins used to do.

BTW, kearly or anyone else in the know can you please give us a rundown on Wake.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Wake had 7 sacks in 7 games before tearing his Achilles tendon against New England. Oddly, all seven sacks came in the last 3 games, including one in the game he was injured. He had four sacks against Tennessee.

PFF's metrics should be taken with a grain of salt, but they consistently rank Wake as one of the very best pass rushers in the NFL over the past few years.

Prior to the injury, Wake was almost an ageless athlete, similar to John Abraham a couple years ago. However, Achilles injuries are notoriously tough on players who rely on explosiveness. Maybe Wake can overcome it but between that injury and his age (34 next season) he's a high risk player.

I think he makes perfect sense for Seattle as a healthy Wake is one of the best pure pass rushers in the NFL, and if he busts Seattle has the depth at pass rusher to get by without him. The injury and age concerns will likely keep his pricetag relatively low. Plus he'll be a released player and wouldn't cost a comp pick.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":58a56pb3 said:
I thought they were cash strapped? Hence re-structuring Suh's deal.

They also restructured Jordan Cameron and released Brent Grimes

soohawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3d4dtkck said:
ivotuk":3d4dtkck said:
I thought they were cash strapped? Hence re-structuring Suh's deal.

They also restructured Jordan Cameron and released Brent Grimes

they did what they had to do to get rid of his mouthy wife :)

seriously she is one opinionated individual with no filter :stirthepot:

CPHawk

Reaction score
With that DL, Kiko Alonzo could have a big year, provided he stays healthy.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
CPHawk":1eoql4qb said:
With that DL, Kiko Alonzo could have a big year, provided he stays healthy.

It's weird seeing Alonso getting passed around like a bag of doritos. The guy is the LB equivalent of Tyrann Mathieu, but without the rep.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Now the Dolphins will have to decide between Vernon and Wake. Vernon makes more sense for them, but Vernon is a T-Tagged player and could be signed away for huge money at any moment. The Dolphins won't get rid of Wake until they are sure they have Vernon back.

Latest posts