What is Von Miller worth?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Was just reading an article (would link it but I'm on my phone and I'm not so good at such things) and it was saying the Broncos are offering him 18 mil a year or something like that but I think he was looking for something in the neighborhood of 22. I know he's good, but that kind of money seems insane to put on one player in defense.

el capitan

Reaction score
Von Miller is awesome, but even $18m p/y is insane to spend on one player on defense, just look at JJ Watt. He's been hands down the best player on defense in the league the past 3-4 years and where has it gotten the Texans. The only position worthy of a hat kind of money per year is QB.

ivotuk

Reaction score
el capitan":19ai1w69 said:
Von Miller is awesome, but even $18m p/y is insane to spend on one player on defense, just look at JJ Watt. He's been hands down the best player on defense in the league the past 3-4 years and where has it gotten the Texans. The only position worthy of a hat kind of money per year is QB.

What he said

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
el capitan":10sy0ssr said:

In fairness to Miller, the article gave Suh's APY as $19 mil or so. I would say that Miller is worth more than Suh, but Suh is the extreme outlier, not the market. Or at least should be.

pcbball12

Reaction score
You're worth what the market is willing to pay you. In relativity to what others are making (and soon to be making) at his position and interior DL he is absolutely worth the money he is being offered. Now, I also believe the market for DL is ridiculous and don't believe anyone other than a QB should get anywhere near $20 mil a year. But, it is what it is and players of Miller's caliber on the DL won't be had for anything less than $17/18 mil a year from here on out.

I also should add, that at this time Denver has no real money tied to QB. Now is a time they can afford to put big money into their defense. And you don't just let guys that can single handedly wreck a game (IE: SB 50) go in the prime of their careers. So, they kind of have to pay him whatever they have to pay him.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I don't know what his value is in dollars, but i think it's pretty clear he should be in the top of all defensive players contracts.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I can tell you his value to the Broncos last year was a world championship.

themunn

Reaction score
el capitan":1ity162k said:

3 playoff appearances in 5 years (given they had 0 appearances ever prior to him being drafted)?
Two 9-7 seasons in a row?

QBs have been Matt Schaub, Case Keenum, Ryan Mallett, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Hoyer, Brandon Weeden & TJ Yates. And now Brock Osweiler hahahaha

Miller and the rest of that defense just helped them win a championship with Osweiler and an almost useless Manning, so I believe he's probably worth it.

Latest posts