Carson Palmer diagnosed with concussion

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
They are pretty much expecting him to miss - I fully expect Staton to look horrible yet still throw 3 long TDs on Thursday to defy reason.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":34a8599t said:
They are pretty much expecting him to miss - I fully expect Staton to look horrible yet still throw 3 long TDs on Thursday to defy reason.
Along with three picks and your team still loses?

MrThortan

Reaction score
Sounds like they are lucky they only play the 49ers :lol:

peppersjap

Reaction score
Seriously wonder why this would have been picked as a Thursday night game with all the expectations that the 49ers would be very bad. it actually might not be a bad game at this point but the NFL seems to be missing on these supposedly marque games!

Ramfan128

Reaction score
peppersjap":10lq8fwj said:
Seriously wonder why this would have been picked as a Thursday night game with all the expectations that the 49ers would be very bad. it actually might not be a bad game at this point but the NFL seems to be missing on these supposedly marque games!

Home teams usually have a significant advantage on Thursday games...the thinking was probably that it would even the playing field a bit.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I doubted Palmer could stay vertical for another full season, and I doubted that Arians could repeat the Palmer-less miracle of 2014, which is one reason I had them ending the season in 3rd place in the NFCW and probably missing out on the playoffs.

That being said, I'm not sure that I see them going and dropping this pick-em battle of the basement dwellers.

I see a game that is going to make both garbage teams look better than they actually are. If Kelly does the smart thing and commits to the run in the first half, the Niners will lose the first half and win the game. This Cardinals' defense is susceptible if you can get them to sell out on the run. This will leave their secondary exposed, and Gabbert can go wild in the second half with the play action.

As it is, I expect Kelly to try for a statement game in a desperate attempt to save his job, and this game ends up looking more akin to a college game. I don't think Gabbert has what it takes to win that battle, even against Stanton.

Do the Niners have any good instigators? They might be able to win by getting the Cards to play undisciplined, giving up a ton of free penalty yards.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
They're fortunate they're playing the Niners (who are quite abysmal and just lost Bowman and maybe Buckner).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peppersjap":3aquvybz said:

Every team gets a TNF game and most TNF games are division games

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2qauhge3 said:
peppersjap":2qauhge3 said:

Yup exactly Hass.

Just wait until we get our yearly Jax vs Tennessee TNF game.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3sk5xuu3 said:
Hasselbeck":3sk5xuu3 said:
peppersjap":3sk5xuu3 said:

LOL after my post I went and looked it up. And there it is titans v jags oct 27th lol!!!
Yup exactly Hass.

Just wait until we get our yearly Jax vs Tennessee TNF game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":o1wxvwsy said:
They're fortunate they're playing the Niners (who are quite abysmal and just lost Bowman and maybe Buckner).

This. They didn't have a ton of talent on defense that was elite, and they just lost their best defender.

After Bowman left, the Cowboys ran all over them. If AZ can establish the run (they'll need to minus Palmer) they'll win. If the Niners can stop the run, they'll probably win.

Latest posts