Vikings, what happened?

mrt144

Reaction score
4 straight losses and I havent had any opportunity to watch their games but...

How much of this is Bradford not being the answer? How much of it is everything but Bradford?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
All those injuries caught up with them. I've always been a believer that you can only hide injuries for so long. At some point you have to pay for losing your starting QB, starting RB, and most of your offensive line.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hoping their defense starts to wilt a bit too down the stretch to help the Hawks out for the scoring title.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sam Bradford is what happened..The Vikes not anywhere near our level

Polaris

Reaction score
Let's see, the Vikings lost their starting QB (Bridgewater), Starting (and future HoF) RG (Peterson), and key parts of their starting line including Left Tackle.

It's a miracle they started off as well as they did, but now they are paying the injury piper.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yeah AP is a big loss but Seattle has played no RB's pretty much and OL don't need to say anything..TB is that really a loss?I mean a lot were saying SB brings a better game to them ha ha..I will say that kicker has cost them a game or two by himself..Ours at worst gave us a tie..

pmedic920

Reaction score
Chemistry.

I'm a huge proponent of it.
I think a big part of the problem is, NT moving on.
That can't happen mid season without it causing an imbalance.

Polaris

Reaction score
IndyHawk":v83z7xaq said:
Yeah AP is a big loss but Seattle has played no RB's pretty much and OL don't need to say anything..TB is that really a loss?I mean a lot were saying SB brings a better game to them ha ha..I will say that kicker has cost them a game or two by himself..Ours at worst gave us a tie..

Yeah I think that TB is that big a loss because of chemistry. Consider that for all of Seattle's struggles with injury:

1) Wilson has not missed a game (even when he probably should have). That means he has kept his team in it sometimes by their fingernails.

2) The Seahawks are a more veteran team (not older but definitely more experienced). I don't think the Vikings knew how to overcome adversity when it really hit them, and they folded. Seattle overcomes that. [As an aside it remains to be seen if Dallas with a rookie QB can overcome adversity when it strikes...and it will strike.]

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":y1ulnnqw said:
Just too many injuries.

They are decimated.

This. Bradford is playing way better than Bridgewater did last year, I mean Bradford right now has over 2000 yards 11TD and 2INT with a 99.9 rating. Wilson by comparrison has 2400 or so yards 10TD, 2INT and 99.4 rating.

3 of the 4 games they have lost have also been on the road.

I think the lack of a running game is what is hurting the most. The OLINE just cant flat out block on running plays. On the season they have 235 rushing attempts for 628 yards (2.7avg :pukeface: ) and 5TD

The Seahawk running game has been pretty bad and they are at 214 rushing attempts for 699 yards and 8TD...just for a comparison

And Walsh..OMG that guy ##%#% blows this year. He is 12/16 on FGs and 15/19 on XP. He is prob soley responsible for 2 losses.

Just a thin margin of error in the NFL. They had the lions game but I think called Timeout way to early and left the lions enough time to kick a 58 yard FG or something. The Eagles and Bears games are the only 2 where I thought they looked outplayed. Honestly they SHOULD be 7-2 right now but thats just how it works out

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
They have a terrible OL, AP is hurt, Bradford is average at best.

All that was ok hen their D was getting turnovers and scoring points left and right. They havent been doing that the last 4 weeks. And theyve been giving up more yards and points.

Bradford isnt good enough to overcome the rest of his offense.

xgeoff

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":34vr5whp said:
They have a terrible OL, AP is hurt, Bradford is average at best.

All that was ok hen their D was getting turnovers and scoring points left and right. They havent been doing that the last 4 weeks. And theyve been giving up more yards and points.

Bradford isnt good enough to overcome the rest of his offense.

Yep, looks like the rest of the league figured them out. We've seen what it takes to make up for a bad OL, and Sam Bradford is no Russell Wilson.

Frankly, I'm glad. Now we just need the league to figure out the Cowboys...

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
It's funny, I was having a conversation with my mom a few weeks ago before the Vikings fell into their rut and I remember her saying along the lines that the Vikings will remember that they're the Vikings and by midseason they'll be struggling and go into a nose dive. Here we are and they've lost 4 straight and may finish the season anywhere between 6-10 or 9-7 if they keep this up.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I dont get the hate of Bradford. Statwise him and Wilson are about as equal as you can get. This has been his best season statistically in his career so far through 8 games. I think they would of been worse off with Bridgewater

He has literally no help. Their Oline is in shambles made worse by injuries, and they cant run worth a shit at all.

I would in order say this is what is to blame

1. Running game
Vikings are CURRENTLY LAST...DEAD LAST in the league in Rushing with 628 yards. Seattle btw...3rd to last with 699 yards. Their AVG is also GOD AWFUL. They are the ONLY team under 3 yards per carry with 2.7. The next team(s) is at 3.3 which is Seahawks and Rams.

2. Injuries
Just like with the Packers way too many injuries and have to rely on depth which isnt as great

3. Kicking Game
Walsh missing both FGs and XPs....not much more needs to be said.

ALSO...The Seahawks are literally a few plays away from being 5-4 or so right now as well. Should of lost the Cards game if their kicker could make a chip shot FG, and could of easily lost the Bills OR Pats game had the D not finally tightened up on the last drive. The Bills AND Pats both had 1st and Goal at the end of both games. So I dont get how the Sky is falling for the Vikings but the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL :lol: Winning in the NFL literally does come down to one play here one play there. Also forgot could of lost to the Dolphins if Wilson doesnt score with 30 seconds left.

I feel like the Seahawks walk a fine line every season. I think the 49er and Jet games are literally the only games that didnt come down to the last drive for who wins this year and they are a combined 4-15 or something so it shouldnt

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Wilson and Bradford arent really "statistically equal."

Bradford does have a better completion% and more TDs. However Wilson is ahead by 400 yards and has a YPA of 8 to Bradfords 7.1, Bradford is 23rd in passing yards, Wilson is 11th. That YPA is a huge difference. The reason for that difference is that Bradford is a dink and dunk QB with a below average arm. He cant throw down field. Also Wilson has been playing injured, so not really a fair comparison.

Your 3 reasons for the Vikings collapse can also be said for Seattles struggles. Difference is Seattle has the QB to overcome that.

And sure, Seattle is a few plays away from being 5-4, theyre also a few plays away from being 9-0. Minnesota cant say that, Philly and Chicago both dominated them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":286njyr6 said:
I dont get the hate of Bradford. Statwise him and Wilson are about as equal as you can get. This has been his best season statistically in his career so far through 8 games. I think they would of been worse off with Bridgewater

He has literally no help. Their Oline is in shambles made worse by injuries, and they cant run worth a shit at all.

I would in order say this is what is to blame

1. Running game
Vikings are CURRENTLY LAST...DEAD LAST in the league in Rushing with 628 yards. Seattle btw...3rd to last with 699 yards. Their AVG is also GOD AWFUL. They are the ONLY team under 3 yards per carry with 2.7. The next team(s) is at 3.3 which is Seahawks and Rams.

2. Injuries
Just like with the Packers way too many injuries and have to rely on depth which isnt as great

3. Kicking Game
Walsh missing both FGs and XPs....not much more needs to be said.

ALSO...The Seahawks are literally a few plays away from being 5-4 or so right now as well. Should of lost the Cards game if their kicker could make a chip shot FG, and could of easily lost the Bills OR Pats game had the D not finally tightened up on the last drive. The Bills AND Pats both had 1st and Goal at the end of both games. So I dont get how the Sky is falling for the Vikings but the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL :lol: Winning in the NFL literally does come down to one play here one play there. Also forgot could of lost to the Dolphins if Wilson doesnt score with 30 seconds left.

I feel like the Seahawks walk a fine line every season. I think the 49er and Jet games are literally the only games that didnt come down to the last drive for who wins this year and they are a combined 4-15 or something so it shouldnt

I'd change your order to 1. Injuries. 2. Running game. 3. Kicking game... which, despite the highly discussed demise of Walsh, has not actually led to any of their 4 losses. The Detroit game seems to get picked out but if he had made the kicks early the Vikings would not have been going for it on 4th and short and scoring a TD to blow a late lead, only kicking to tie.. which he may have missed anyways.

The sky is falling in MN because they have lost 4 in a row. Almost all competitive teams are a "few plays away" from being something different. Seahawks could be 9-0 as well.

The Vikings issues is that the struggles are costing them wins. They are not the same team that went 5-0. The defense is not dominating and the offense is sporadic at best. The NFL has a way of catching up to and exposing mistakes as the season moves along.

I think they will get it together. Hoping they do this week. But I don't see them winning more than 9 games.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
1.They are still a relatively young team who lost several key players to injuries AND now we know there was friction among the coaching staff. They are now transitioning to a new OC.
2. Offensive line continues to lose players to injuries and will likely be reshuffled. Still the offense shows flashes with the few playmakers they have in Diggs, Patterson, Theilen and Rudolph. Adrian Peterson plans to return from IR in December which means center Kalil will remain on IR and out for the season.
3. Early in the season Bradford was passing on time and with anticipation now he is caught holding the ball too long trying to extend plays--not his strength.
4. Defense has the talent, size and speed to be dominant but lost players like Floyd, Rhodes and Kendricks to injuries for stretches of this season. Rhodes is often-injured but a physical run stopper at corner. He should be playing against Arizona and likely Kendricks too. Floyd is also due back soon.

With Harrispn Smith (ballhawking probowl safety), good stable of corners, big Linval Joseph plugging up the middle, Griffen flying around the end and the big speedy linebackers providing support this vikings team should still be problematic for Arizona's offense.
They are a streaky team bouyed by the stout defense BUT don't have enough talent on offense to make a playoff run.