Rule changes you would like to see

Largent80

Reaction score
A few of mine involve the kicking game.

I want PAT's taken out of the game. Just award 7 on a TD and be done with it.

I want the kickoff return brought back. It is exciting, and to see kickers booting balls through the uprights on kickoffs is BORING and takes a lot of big plays out of the game, hell they already have disallowed "the wedge" which was pretty cool to me to see 4 guys hooked up in a line to block on kickoffs.

Make defensive P.I. a 5 yard penalty and a first down.

Yours?

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Largent80":3imvqhpu said:

Don't like that one - it would reward CBs to blatantly interfere on the long ball - tackle the WR to prevent a 50 yard strike and it only costs 5 yards and a first down.

I would like them to adjust the hit to the head of the QB, the guy has a helmet on - a slap to the head won't hurt them too bad.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Get rid of the "automatic first down" part of penaltys.
Base all first downs strictly off of yardage.

Barakas

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":1bpm24uw said:
Largent80":1bpm24uw said:

Don't like that one - it would reward CBs to blatantly interfere on the long ball - tackle the WR to prevent a 50 yard strike and it only costs 5 yards and a first down.

I would like them to adjust the hit to the head of the QB, the guy has a helmet on - a slap to the head won't hurt them too bad.

A defensive hold can do the same thing. The only difference is whether the ball is in the air or not.

I hate the hail mary, please-let-them-interfere-so-we-have-a-shot-to-win-this-game throws. Those should be penalized but I would settle for DPI being a 10-yard penalty and automatic 1st down. This would reward an extra five yards on top of what a defensive holding does.

Fade

Reaction score
I agree with eliminating the extra point, and allow teams to risk a point to go for 2.

Adding on to that. Instead of going to commercial break, kickoff immediately after a score from the 30. Taking kickoffs out of the game has weakened the product.

-------------------------

Reduce challenges to 1, but you can challenge anything.

-------------------------

#1 though would be a new emphasis, on only throwing the flag if it impacted the play, a player gained an advantage, and it was blatantly obvious.

Ticky tack calls are what is driving most fans away.

Start taking away draft picks for teams that commit too many penalties. This would force teams to play by the rules, and play a cleaner game. Think of the emphasis on doing things right if teams knew they would lose picks for playing sloppy.

Overall you would see a massive reduction in penalties, a more fluid pacing, and much better games.

chris98251

Reaction score
Get rid of spontaneous celebration penalty's, allow contact within ten instead of 5 yards for receivers, they are bigger now and hand fighting and chucking on the line needs room, it will bring back more one on one defense and less zone. Allow a player to blow up a receiver making a pick to clear a receiver it will stop a lot of these illegal but non called pick plays since receivers will know they are going to get nailed and won't do it. Allow incidental helmet and face mask contact as long as they are not clubbed or tackled by it it's not a penalty.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Allow for the QB out of the pocket throwaway rule to apply even if the QB scrambles back within the tackle box. Once he breaks the pocket, he's considered out of the pocket for the rest of the play.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Define what a catch is and take out the football move verbage
If you catch it with control and get two feet down then you caught it

RedAlice

Reaction score
Largent80":3ppwdn82 said:

I want the kickoff return brought back. It is exciting, and to see kickers booting balls through the uprights on kickoffs is BORING and takes a lot of big plays out of the game, hell they already have disallowed "the wedge" which was pretty cool to me to see 4 guys hooked up in a line to block on kickoffs.

Yours?

NO WAY.

it is a decision to kick or go for two. that must stay.

You are so wrong on your first one.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Put a third post in the middle of the goalposts. If a kicker calls that shot from 50+ yards and hits the middle post you've tied the game, no matter how much you were trailing by.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Increase 53 man roster to 60.

Increase 43 man gameday roster to 50.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Overtime sucks. It just feels weird and awkward. Should be starting at opponent ten, you get four downs. No kicking. Do we really want a game of the biggest, baddest warriors in the land to be decided by dainty little kicker girls?. Four to score from the ten, if you score the other team can match. If both teams succeed, the next series starts from the 15 ( with the chance for a first down as normal). Any series with no scores either side results in no change in distance to goal. Tack on 5 yds for distance to goal each time both sides score.

pmedic920

Reaction score
It's not a game rule, and I know that the players union fought for it but I'd like to see them practice more and harder during preseason.

I don't like that rule at all.

TBH, I think a team should be able to organized stuff all year long if the want too.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2y9sjnx0 said:
Allow for the QB out of the pocket throwaway rule to apply even if the QB scrambles back within the tackle box. Once he breaks the pocket, he's considered out of the pocket for the rest of the play.
Why allow a QB a throwaway at all? Adopt intentional grounding a la CFL. If the QB tosses the ball into the stands with no receiver anywhere in sight 1 millisecond before getting his butt sacked, what is that but a chicken non-football play.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Palmegranite":3jwm3tvc said:
a chicken non-football play.
Fruit hanging too low.
Couldn't resist:{)

f198fac47dddbac5aee970cb5fd14856.png

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
RedAlice":2ubzhs52 said:
Largent80":2ubzhs52 said:

Yours?

NO WAY.

Nobody can be wrong in this thread. It's about changes that people want individually. By the way, I would say that giving 7 points plus allowing a team to go for two would be awesome, because that's a 9 point possibility without even a single kick involved.

Also, move the kickoff line back 5 yards.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
RedAlice":xekksqa8 said:
Largent80":xekksqa8 said:

Yours?

NO WAY.

You could still have the decision to go for two. Basically you would be offered a free point or you would turn it down and go for 2.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A friend suggested to counter all these wussy rules that QBs not be allowed to run past the line of scrim.I know we got a mobile QB but he hasn't been this year so after the friend brought that idea up I was like that would even things out for the defense and Cam can't run and bitch about getting hit ect.It would force all QB's to be QB's We know RW can do that but could Cam?Tyrod?Dak?