49ers WR Bolden banned four games for PEDs

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The NFL has suspended San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Victor Bolden Jr. for the first four games of the 2018 season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Niners general manager John Lynch said in a statement that Bolden made a mistake but learned a "valuable lesson."

"Professional athletes must be meticulous in their supplement choices," Lynch said. "We know Victor is disappointed, but we hope this is a reminder to all our players how important it is to make educated decisions on what to put in their bodies."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2367 ... d-violatio

His agent claims his creatine was "contaminated." :lol:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
hawknation2018":23ppj8kk said:
The NFL has suspended San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Victor Bolden Jr. for the first four games of the 2018 season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Niners general manager John Lynch said in a statement that Bolden made a mistake but learned a "valuable lesson."

"Professional athletes must be meticulous in their supplement choices," Lynch said. "We know Victor is disappointed, but we hope this is a reminder to all our players how important it is to make educated decisions on what to put in their bodies."

This day and age, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a player who isn't taking some sort of banned substance. Most players know how to play the "game."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2s4olusn said:

Typical niner cheater! 8)

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Meh, I wouldn't throw stones too far.......

Dammit

It wasn't like this what that long ago......

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Well, he just lost his roster spot. The 49ers have a lot of talented young WRs, and that guy probably just blew it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A.D.I.D.A.S.":13v8ao5j said:

Dammit

Funny, now that Sherm is a niner, haven’t seen a niner fan bring up the “adderal situation” on any of their forums.
I’m sure that’s just a coincidence though. :sarcasm_off:

kobebryant

Reaction score
I just work on the assumption that the majority of college and pro football players are on some sort of PED, and it really doesn't bother me. It would be crazy to play this violent game 16 times in 17 weeks without PEDs.

No team is more or less clean than the next.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Adderall is a legal prescription in the NFL. Players just need prior authorization to treat a designated medical condition, i.e. ADHD.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
To heck with it. PC and JS offer that man a contract.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I really never ring that bell anymore about teams who have players that test positive because inevitably every team will get hit by it.

That said, I highly doubt he was going to make the team anyway. His primary value was as a kick returner and they just drafted 2 of the best in college football returning kicks.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1q13uwr0 said:
A.D.I.D.A.S.":1q13uwr0 said:

Dammit

Funny, now that Sherm is a niner, haven’t seen a niner fan bring up the “adderal situation” on any of their forums.
I’m sure that’s just a coincidence though. :sarcasm_off:

Sherman said he left all of that behind in Bellevue. :mrgreen:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zxcj1ep said:
That said, I highly doubt he was going to make the team anyway. His primary value was as a kick returner and they just drafted 2 of the best in college football returning kicks.

Yeah, even without that I would have put his chances at exceptionally slim to none, trending very hard toward none.

He made the roster last year because he had a couple nice kick returns in the preseason, and they literally didn't have anyone else who had shown a shred of any value at the WR position to take that spot.

Then during the regular season he went on to spend a full year of doing precisely nothing as a returner or as a receiver (which we already knew from pre-season -- by the end of the year they were signing guys off the street to play ahead of him at WR).

IMO the PEDs are just the last nail in a coffin that already had 40 nails holding it in place.

CAVEAT: I'm a little biased, as IIRC I was one of the more vocal people on the Zone last year arguing that I thought it was dumb to have spent a roster spot on him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1oyfgdnm said:
Marvin49":1oyfgdnm said:

Yeah, even without that I would have put his chances at exceptionally slim to none, trending very hard toward none.

He made the roster last year because he had a couple nice kick returns in the preseason, and they literally didn't have anyone else who had shown a shred of any value at the WR position to take that spot.

Then during the regular season he went on to spend a full year of doing precisely nothing as a returner or as a receiver (which we already knew from pre-season -- by the end of the year they were signing guys off the street to play ahead of him at WR).

IMO the PEDs are just the last nail in a coffin that already had 40 nails holding it in place.

CAVEAT: I'm a little biased, as IIRC I was one of the more vocal people on the Zone last year arguing that I thought it was dumb to have spent a roster spot on him.

Well the bottom line there is it'll simply be a harder team to make this year. The cupboard isn't as bare as it was at this point last year.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Arrests, Roids, lack of free agency activity except for a QB with seven career starts (hey, more for lil' Jed York to pocket!).

Things are sure looking up for the 0-9ers. :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":wf1jkgvl said:
Well the bottom line there is it'll simply be a harder team to make this year. The cupboard isn't as bare as it was at this point last year.

Yep. There might not ultimately be any talent at the bottom of the cupboard, but there's the chance of it, unlike last year.

Even without the PEDs, this year the 9ers have five guys that barring injury are a lock to make the roster (Garcon; Goodwin;Taylor; Bourne; Pettis), up from three and MAYBE four last year (Garcon; Goodwin; Taylor; and maybe Robinson).

If they go with five WRs that's already everyone, and if they go with six we're talking about six guys fighting for one spot.

Latest posts