Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Browns v. Jets

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Browns v. Jets
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:27 pm
  • Two teams to be considered the dumpster fires of the AFC. I'm expecting the Browns to win but the Jets are up by two scores already.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Re: Browns v. Jets
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:39 pm
  • Also I don't think the Browns have a bad run game, I think they stick to it more so than we do and can move the ball but their weak link I believe is Tyrod. Maybe they'll find more success with Mayfield?
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:40 pm
  • Both teams have decent defenses. Both teams have crappy offenses. Tyrod just isn't that good.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:46 pm
  • Wow they put Baker Mayfield in. :0190l:
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:47 pm
  • MrThortan wrote:Both teams have decent defenses. Both teams have crappy offenses. Tyrod just isn't that good.

That's what I'm saying. There are building blocks to both teams. I think the Browns, on paper, but Taylor seems like to me that while he shows flashes and promise but it's not common and ultimately hurts the Browns.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:47 pm
  • MrThortan wrote:Wow they put Baker Mayfield in. :0190l:

There we go. lol
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:50 pm
  • Oh Tyrod is injured. Only half watching. Mayfield is looking good though. May just earn the starting job.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:51 pm
  • MrThortan wrote:Oh Tyrod is injured. Only half watching. Mayfield is looking good though. May just earn the starting job.

Same. I'm at work and can't fully watch. They only scored 3 but did he move the ball and already has more yards than Tyrod on 4 attempts appose to Taylor's 14.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 pm
  • All these young QB's making a name for themselves.
    Mizak
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:00 pm
  • Mizak wrote:All these young QB's making a name for themselves.

Gotta start somewhere. If Mayfield can get the Browns back in this and pull out a win not only will the Browns have won a game since Dec. 24th 2016 but he'll be crowned the official Cleveland Messiah.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:25 pm
  • But why is Mayfield escaping the pocket instead of stepping up?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:30 pm
  • Denzel Ward doesn't look like that bad of a pick at number 4 after 3 games.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:32 pm
  • Good lord how do you drop that pick?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:54 pm
  • Pretty decent game now. Too bad Tyrod missed TWO wide open guys on sure touchdowns.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:58 pm
  • Anyone notice how Jeremy bates is calling the same exact run plays twice in a row if it works the first time? I've see it three times at least. Get stuffed the second time every time.

Also these WR screens killing the blitz on third down. Gregg Williams too predictable
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:10 pm
  • Baker putting on a clinic on how to beat the blitz.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:16 pm
  • Tyrod going out is the only thing that saved the Browns. Tyrod’s offense looked like the hawks the last two weeks :pukeface:
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 pm
  • Watching from my home here in Cleveland. Life-long Hawks fan but the Browns have become sort of a “second team” for me which almost never matters because Cleveland’s performance never has any bearing on the Seahawks.

Awesome to see Mayfield bring some hope to the diehard fans in this city.
    telerion
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:24 pm
  • Kearse!!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:25 pm
  • Wow that was lame
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:32 pm
  • Baker proving he should have been starting since the first game
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 pm
  • That turned out to be a fun game. Browns get their win! :0190l:
    If Tyrod starts again next week their coaches are crazy. Baker earned the starting position.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:43 pm
  • They’re getting that feeling here tonight maybe a lot like we had back in 2012.
    telerion
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm
  • Baker looked better in the 4th than Russ did in any part of the first 2 games so far.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:59 pm
  • Open the coolers! Free beer!
    Dilly! Dilly!
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 pm
  • hue jackson says he has to watch tape to determine QB for next week. he will likely still start Tyrod. browns gonna browns
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:22 am
  • Crizilla wrote:Baker looked better in the 4th than Russ did in any part of the first 2 games so far.

:34853_doh:

It was the Jets. Jesus.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:13 am
  • Anybody with eyes and a brain knew Mayfield was the best qb in the draft. Surprisingly, so did the Browns.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:17 am
  • mistaowen wrote:hue jackson says he has to watch tape to determine QB for next week. he will likely still start Tyrod. browns gonna browns

What tape is he going to watch-Tyrod's high school highlights?? Horrible mistake if he actually starts Taylor. Ultra impressive debut tonight by Mayfield.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:43 am
  • Long week to help Mayfield prepare . . . not sure who their opponent is next week but I don't see how you don't stick with Mayfield.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:50 am
  • Kind of interesting how Cleveland has literally blown almost every QB high draft pick it had, but as soon as they brought in McCloughan to advise they seem to have finally gotten it right.

It is also interesting how when they made the pick, it was somewhat panned. A lot of pundits thought there were better options and that they could have gotten him for cheaper. Kind of how people reacted to us picking Irvin actually.

It is also interesting after all this time of bringing in FAs that contribute nothing, suddenly the Browns seem to have FAs like Landry that contribute immediately.

Not a surprise though, since Scot was on the 49ers staff when they brought in their stars like Bowman and then he came here to bring us guys like Sherman and Kam.

I told you that once the Browns got him they were going to start their turnaround. I still think the Browns ownership is a nightmare but Scot does a good job spinning straw into gold - or at least finding the gold in there.

Admittedly, it IS the Jets but they have been playing everyone better so far.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:46 am
  • mistaowen wrote:hue jackson says he has to watch tape to determine QB for next week. he will likely still start Tyrod. browns gonna browns

If Jackson seriously starts Tyrod over Mayfield then he should be fired on the spot.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:09 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Kind of interesting how Cleveland has literally blown almost every QB high draft pick it had, but as soon as they brought in McCloughan to advise they seem to have finally gotten it right.

It is also interesting how when they made the pick, it was somewhat panned. A lot of pundits thought there were better options and that they could have gotten him for cheaper. Kind of how people reacted to us picking Irvin actually.

It is also interesting after all this time of bringing in FAs that contribute nothing, suddenly the Browns seem to have FAs like Landry that contribute immediately.

Not a surprise though, since Scot was on the 49ers staff when they brought in their stars like Bowman and then he came here to bring us guys like Sherman and Kam.

I told you that once the Browns got him they were going to start their turnaround. I still think the Browns ownership is a nightmare but Scot does a good job spinning straw into gold - or at least finding the gold in there.

I was hoping for Fletcher Cox in that draft, but we basically traded him away for a mediocre player. I thought Bruce would be a lot better than he is, but I still preferred Fletcher.

Hugh Jackson better start Baker or he'll have a mutiny on his hand.s
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:20 am
  • ivotuk wrote:Hugh Jackson better start Baker or he'll have a mutiny on his hand.s

I don't think he could get away starting Tyrod now. Cleveland snapped a 19 game losing streak. The first game won since Dec. 24th, 2016 and the QB in at that point and time was Baker Mayfield. That right there to the Cleveland faithful will have given him immediate superstar/savior status. It also helps that he played well last night too coming into the second half of the game. The fans will want him no matter what.

If Jackson plays these little games and goes for Tyrod there's gonna be a few Cleveland steamers on his front lawn.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:39 am
  • There's no way he's starting Tyrod
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 am

It's almost as if coaches use lip service and politically correct answers when communicating with the media.
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:13 pm
  • JimmyG wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:hue jackson says he has to watch tape to determine QB for next week. he will likely still start Tyrod. browns gonna browns

It's almost as if coaches use lip service and politically correct answers when communicating with the media.

2 things, it's the Browns, and it's Hue.

Plus the consistency at QB has been an issue for a while now in Brownieville.

Browns quarterbacks since they re-entered the NFL in 1999: Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thaddeus Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown, Austin Davis, Robert Griffin III, Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Tyrod Taylor.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:10 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Kind of interesting how Cleveland has literally blown almost every QB high draft pick it had, but as soon as they brought in McCloughan to advise they seem to have finally gotten it right.

I think it’s the sauce and “powdered sugar” that give Scot his powers, tbh. “Alternative perception,” if you will.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:14 pm
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:hue jackson says he has to watch tape to determine QB for next week. he will likely still start Tyrod. browns gonna browns

If Jackson seriously starts Tyrod over Mayfield then he should be fired on the spot.

Pretty much. And they have a good OC with HC experience just waiting in the wings. He’s no Hue Jackson but I think he could do it.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information