Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Booger McFarland's "throne" at Monday Night Football games

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/oaklandraiders ... ble_chair/

    wtf this is the first I heard of this. I would be so pissed if I paid for a game (front and close to front row too!) and was looking at a tv screen to watch the game! Unbelievable and I fail to even see the use for it in the first place..this has to be gotten rid of soon right?

    Image
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4004
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • That thing is absolutely ridiculous. I'd have to call my lawyer if I payed big buck to get close and that thing rolled into my field of vision.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    User avatar
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 807
    Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland


  • Best of both worlds, you get the atmosphere of being at the game but watch it on TV. I don't get what people are complaing about.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2924
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • I’ve never seen it from that angle, and didn’t realize that it has a big TV on it.

    I have seen/noticed the contraption before( on TV broadcast) and my first thought was “I’d be pissed, if that thing rolled up in front of me”.

    I’ve paid a butt load of $ for front row seats at several venues, I don’t get to go to many games so I don’t mind the ticket price that much but the reality is, it shouldn’t matter the price of the tickets. $10 or $1000

    I’ve had people try to hold up signs/flags in front of me, or wear a big foam hat, I ask once for them to put it below my view line, if they don’t comply, I get a staff member to have them do it, as far as I know all Stadiums have rules that don’t allow you to obstruct another persons view.

    Boogers POS should fall into that same category IMHO.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 17186
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Booger McFarland's
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:39 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:I’ve never seen it from that angle, and didn’t realize that it has a big TV on it.

    I have seen/noticed the contraption before( on TV broadcast) and my first thought was “I’d be pissed, if that thing rolled up in front of me”.

    I’ve paid a butt load of $ for front row seats at several venues, I don’t get to go to many games so I don’t mind the ticket price that much but the reality is, it shouldn’t matter the price of the tickets. $10 or $1000

    I’ve had people try to hold up signs/flags in front of me, or wear a big foam hat, I ask once for them to put it below my view line, if they don’t comply, I get a staff member to have them do it, as far as I know all Stadiums have rules that don’t allow you to obstruct another persons view.

    Boogers POS should fall into that same category IMHO.


    So, many years ago I got 9th row tickets to see Jerry Rice final game at the 'stick. It was the game where Terrell Ownes went of for like 20 receptions and 200+yards.

    Anyway, the Fox camera kept parking itself right in front of me when the team was close by.

    Drove me nuts.

    It is for that reason that when I got my season tix, I got tickets in the second deck of Levis.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6131
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • getnasty wrote:Best of both worlds, you get the atmosphere of being at the game but watch it on TV. I don't get what people are complaing about.


    This has to be a joke right?
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4004
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Booger McFarland's
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:00 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:I’ve never seen it from that angle, and didn’t realize that it has a big TV on it.

    I have seen/noticed the contraption before( on TV broadcast) and my first thought was “I’d be pissed, if that thing rolled up in front of me”.

    I’ve paid a butt load of $ for front row seats at several venues, I don’t get to go to many games so I don’t mind the ticket price that much but the reality is, it shouldn’t matter the price of the tickets. $10 or $1000

    I’ve had people try to hold up signs/flags in front of me, or wear a big foam hat, I ask once for them to put it below my view line, if they don’t comply, I get a staff member to have them do it, as far as I know all Stadiums have rules that don’t allow you to obstruct another persons view.

    Boogers POS should fall into that same category IMHO.


    Yeah it's really quite unbelievable.. The only reason this doesn't fall in line with that same rule is because it's the people who have the $$ and call the shots doing it. Typical BS
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4004
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • I'm a little confused. Why is this Booger's throne? Is he sitting on it? Does he travel down the field on that thing? Is the screen in front of him or behind him? Is the intention to let people see the game because he would otherwise be blocking their view (because that would be stupid)?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105436
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • HawkGA wrote:I'm a little confused. Why is this Booger's throne? Is he sitting on it? Does he travel down the field on that thing? Is the screen in front of him or behind him? Is the intention to let people see the game because he would otherwise be blocking their view (because that would be stupid)?


    The thread I linked to explains it in more detail but some people are calling it his "throne" because he's sitting on this big raised platform on the sidelines that apparently moves around up and down the sidelines during the game depending on where the action is + I think he moves around in order to constantly be in front of the line of scrimmage.

    The screen is behind him, attached to his "throne" and yes the point is so people can watch the action (on a delay no less) while he is blocking them from seeing a good portion of the game.
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4004
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • Seeing as his name is Booger, maybe Snot Rocket is a more apt name than "Throne".

    Just put the poor guy in the damn booth already, I'm not sure what the point of it ever was aside from not having him throttle Jason Witten.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2260
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I'm a little confused. Why is this Booger's throne? Is he sitting on it? Does he travel down the field on that thing? Is the screen in front of him or behind him? Is the intention to let people see the game because he would otherwise be blocking their view (because that would be stupid)?


    The thread I linked to explains it in more detail but some people are calling it his "throne" because he's sitting on this big raised platform on the sidelines that apparently moves around up and down the sidelines during the game depending on where the action is + I think he moves around in order to constantly be in front of the line of scrimmage.

    The screen is behind him, attached to his "throne" and yes the point is so people can watch the action (on a delay no less) while he is blocking them from seeing a good portion of the game.


    Wow, that's messed up. Who at ESPN thought that was a good idea?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105436
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • HawkGA wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I'm a little confused. Why is this Booger's throne? Is he sitting on it? Does he travel down the field on that thing? Is the screen in front of him or behind him? Is the intention to let people see the game because he would otherwise be blocking their view (because that would be stupid)?


    The thread I linked to explains it in more detail but some people are calling it his "throne" because he's sitting on this big raised platform on the sidelines that apparently moves around up and down the sidelines during the game depending on where the action is + I think he moves around in order to constantly be in front of the line of scrimmage.

    The screen is behind him, attached to his "throne" and yes the point is so people can watch the action (on a delay no less) while he is blocking them from seeing a good portion of the game.


    Wow, that's messed up. Who at ESPN thought that was a good idea?


    ESPN owned by Disney, now ask yourself they managed to screw up a winning formula in Star Wars, is there any question about how they have screwed up Monday Night Football since moving it to ESPN from ABC.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25077
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Best of both worlds, you get the atmosphere of being at the game but watch it on TV. I don't get what people are complaing about.


    This has to be a joke right?


    Yes, yes it was
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2924
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • It's stupid because having Booger doing that doesn't make the game more watchable. I've watched only 1 MNF game - the Seahawks game. The MNF telecast crew is horrendous.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7299
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • chris98251 wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I'm a little confused. Why is this Booger's throne? Is he sitting on it? Does he travel down the field on that thing? Is the screen in front of him or behind him? Is the intention to let people see the game because he would otherwise be blocking their view (because that would be stupid)?


    The thread I linked to explains it in more detail but some people are calling it his "throne" because he's sitting on this big raised platform on the sidelines that apparently moves around up and down the sidelines during the game depending on where the action is + I think he moves around in order to constantly be in front of the line of scrimmage.

    The screen is behind him, attached to his "throne" and yes the point is so people can watch the action (on a delay no less) while he is blocking them from seeing a good portion of the game.


    Wow, that's messed up. Who at ESPN thought that was a good idea?


    ESPN owned by Disney, now ask yourself they managed to screw up a winning formula in Star Wars, is there any question about how they have screwed up Monday Night Football since moving it to ESPN from ABC.


    Well ABC is owned by Disney too, so not sure the logic follows. But totally with you on them screwing up Star Wars.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105436
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm




It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online