Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Should we trade a 4th or 5th rounder for Golden Tate

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Word has it he is on the block. He would improve our receiving and return game bigtime.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• Russ Willstrong wrote:Word has it he is on the block. He would improve our receiving and return game bigtime.

Lol yes bringing him back into our locker room after what he did would be a fantastic idea for team chemistry :roll:
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I rather like our WR corps right now. No need to add an expensive vet.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• How'd he do in his last game? Is he the go-to guy, or did he just get like 50 yards or so?
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Russ Willstrong wrote:Word has it he is on the block. He would improve our receiving and return game bigtime.

Lol yes bringing him back into our locker room after what he did would be a fantastic idea for team chemistry :roll:

I'm guessing you think Tate might allegedly make a move on Ciara? LOL. All past rumors.
    I think Wilson is mature and has moved on from that mess. Off the field he is all about Ciara and a model father and stepfather. On the field he continues to build chemistry with Baldwin who is one of Wilson's harshest critics. Besides, Tate isnt Percy Harvin-crazy.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• Russ Willstrong wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Russ Willstrong wrote:Word has it he is on the block. He would improve our receiving and return game bigtime.

I'm guessing you think Tate might allegedly make a move on Ciara? LOL. All past rumors.
    I think Wilson is mature and has moved on from that mess. Off the field he is all about Ciara and a model father and stepfather. On the field he continues to build chemistry with Baldwin who is one of Wilson's harshest critics. Besides, Tate isnt Percy Harvin-crazy.

I have been advocating for adding a vet WR, I have been dreaming of getting Larry Fitzgerald. Golden Tate? Not so much. totally wanna get another big body WR. Unless Fant can catch, dude is like 6'8" and purportedly could still dunk.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy wrote:

For that little of a cap hit, and the Seahawks could just release Jaron Brown to recoup one of the comp picks lost from Graham/PRich/Richardon after signing him, I'd trade a mid rounder for sure to get Tate.

And if they can't re sign Tate after the season, they get a 2020 comp pick.

But why would the Lions trade him for a 4th though? They're still in it, especially when Ezekiel Ansah returns.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Detroit wanted him let them keep him.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• So we can see him act like he cured a disease every time he makes a nice play? No thx.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• One thing overlooked about Tate (and overlooked when they traded him) is that he is an aggressive blocker in the run game. He will not only willingly block for the runner, but he will follow the runner and make great downfield blocks.

We missed that a lot.

Even with Moore and Lockett, we get better with Tate on the roster - especially considering an injured Baldwin.

But...there is the issue about the rumor and whether it would cause a problem?

I don't know if that puts the genie back in the bottle. And if Wilson is the one that pushed to let Tate go (regardless of what Tate did...get over it), then I hope he realized how much he screwed himself. With Tate on this team, Wilson would have been doing national endorsements for years - at big numbers, because he would have had 2 SB wins and probably at least 1 other SB appearance.

Instead, the media shifted to Dak, Mahomes and all the others (athletic run/pass QBs).

I remember seeing all the Ad Age articles about Wilson was the 'next big thing' for endorsements and then...he just dropped off the planet. He still does stuff here, but no longer do you see him as the next big pitchman for national brands and he was poised for it. I know he wanted it. So let us hope he didn't end up screwing himself by not trying to keep Tate.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• No thanks.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• What would we get if Baldwin is on the market? Got to think about it real hard if a 2nd + 5th is on the table, too bad no one wanna invest a 1st in our HOF FS Earl, otherwise we could have multiple first and second round picks.

Just sayin'

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Baldwin is hurt first of all, second he is a leader and helping the receivers.

Why on earth do you guys always want to get rid of players that can help us. Baldwin once he gets things cleaned up has a lot more time in the league then a guy on defense.

Oh that's right your a 49er fan who bailed and is used to the York way.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Do we even have the draft capital to make a move like this?
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Just went to Philly for a 3rd rd pick.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Seems like a good deal for both sides. He will do well in Philly.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information