Frank Clark

Polk738

Reaction score
I am watching KC vs Indy and it's interesting watching Frank Clark and he just looks like a completely different player than when he played for Seattle, this does not look like the guy who had 13 sacks last season-and considering what KC gave up to get him I think they are going to be very disappointed later in the season if he doesn't pick it up.

toffee

Reaction score
Him and Earl, both ain’t up to what they are being paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreeRon

Reaction score
I'm watching that game and I'd completely forgot that he was with KC until now.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I’ll say this about Pete and John, they are well aware of players values and are not going to break the bank when the value isn’t there. Especially now that Russ is taking so much cap space.

Fade

Reaction score
This is what I often wondered when they didn't do a contract extension 2 years ago. When he could've been had for $16M APY. (Danielle Hunter from his draft class had set the market for him.)

The price from there would only go up, as it did.

The Seahawks most of the time are very smart on getting the dollar value right for their own players.

Seahawks Clark was worth the money, but they knew internally if they signed him they wouldn't be getting that player.

What a coo for JS to flip him for a boatload of picks, and to nab Clowney.

sutz

Reaction score
Mad Dog":cg296spw said:
I’ll say this about Pete and John, they are well aware of players values and are not going to break the bank when the value isn’t there. Especially now that Russ is taking so much cap space.
This, and maybe Pete can build a team that emphasizes players' skill sets to where they excel, and in a different system they don't do as well. The Seahawks D has never been just about one player. In another system, perhaps they can be good, but not necessarily great.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
I was upset to see him leave now I don't feel so bad, but something else I noticed while watching the game he was mainly lining up in one spot, usually that wide 9 spot-obviously I haven't watched alot of KC games so I can't be really sure but I'm wondering if they're just not taking advantage of his versatility-Frank was an every down player that could line up in every position and be effective, if this is the case they're really limiting his potential.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Dude was never the difference maker that you would think given he had 13 sacks. Feast or Famine. JS made an easy call and damm glad he made it.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Fade":1cbffx9n said:
This is what I often wondered when they didn't do a contract extension 2 years ago. When he could've been had for $16M APY. (Danielle Hunter from his draft class had set the market for him.)

The price from there would only go up, as it did.

The Seahawks most of the time are very smart on getting the dollar value right for their own players.

Seahawks Clark was worth the money, but they knew internally if they signed him they wouldn't be getting that player.

What a coo for JS to flip him for a boatload of picks, and to nab Clowney.

Coup*

Boohman14

Reaction score
Clark was effective because of our scheme plus Reed occupied two interior linemen most plays helped. KC doesn't have as many studs to account for ad Clark can be managed by most OCs as a result.

Clowney is the type of player that teams scheme around. He's still adjusting to our system and we're just learning his capabilities. When Reed returns things will heat up. Our secondary will benefit a great deal.

Clark is an effective D-lineman with a high upside but not worth the $$$ he was likely asking. Clowney has HOF level potential and will pay dividends. I have no doubt we will lock him up for at least three years after this season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Boohman14":2y0hy4jc said:
Clark was effective because of our scheme plus Reed occupied two interior linemen most plays helped. KC doesn't have as many studs to account for ad Clark can be managed by most OCs as a result.

Clowney is the type of player that teams scheme around. He's still adjusting to our system and we're just learning his capabilities. When Reed returns things will heat up. Our secondary will benefit a great deal.

Clark is an effective D-lineman with a high upside but not worth the $$$ he was likely asking. Clowney has HOF level potential and will pay dividends. I have no doubt we will lock him up for at least three years after this season.
I heard the dumb commentator say last night that Clark was their big FA pickup..Lol
I'm so glad we traded him and got those picks..He did get his money and is showing very
little for it..Ansah has same amount of sacks if I'm not mistaken btw.