Frank Clark - Cramping

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I wondered why he went MIA. I wasn't really tracking him, and didn't notice that he dropped out (ironic because I was pretty excited to have him back).

Hopefully more this week......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hate to be a negative Nellie, but from how Clark played in Denver and how he played in his 1st game here? He sure looks washed.

Hopefully Taylor and Hall can pick up the Nwosu IR slack, cause I'd be super nervous if we have to depend on Clark to produce as the season goes along.

White Devil

Reaction score
There was a running play that he chased down, in the 2nd quarter I want to say, and he pulled up after giving a long chase. Didn't see him much after that.

It looked like he was out of gas.

Hoping to see him bounce back.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
he'll workup this month and still be impactful/sound, and then he'll be Mr. December

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
So one could conclude with he wasn't in excellent game shape when he joined us?

No reason he shouldn't be. It's not like he was on the couch, dude was in the rotation in Denver for all their games.

bileever

Reaction score
Clark injured his thumb early in training camp and ended up missing most of camp for that reason. Then, when the season started, he suffered a hip injury in practice that led to him missing a few weeks. Later, it turned out that he had a grade 3 abductor tear. (I've had that injury, so I know that's a tough one to get over.)

So he's still working himself into shape, and hopefully if he's healthy, his performance should be better soon.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Clark injured his thumb early in training camp and ended up missing most of camp for that reason. Then, when the season started, he suffered a hip injury in practice that led to him missing a few weeks. Later, it turned out that he had a grade 3 abductor tear. (I've had that injury, so I know that's a tough one to get over.)

So he's still working himself into shape, and hopefully if he's healthy, his performance should be better soon.

Fair enough. Couple more weeks and we'll see.

But so far, getting 2022 Bruce Irvin vibes...................effort is there, but not much production.

toffee

Reaction score

Wow, didn't know that. Quite sure our doctors checked him out and confident that he could be in game shape after a few weeks?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It was Clark’s first game with the Seahawks this season and he only had 2 practices before the game with the current team. I heard this on Monday’s Bob and Wyman radio show on ESPN 710. Might want to give Clark a slight break with all things considered.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
But so far, getting 2022 Bruce Irvin vibes...................effort is there, but not much production.
Interesting comment - I was so jazzed to have Irvin back - I didn't/don't have any real clue HOW he did!?

I do know that kinda mid-stream he seemed frustrated with the leadership role that was expected of him. I heard him make some comments along the lines of "the kids aren't listening" - or something to that effect.

I guess we'll see this week with Clark.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
It was Clark’s first game with the Seahawks this season and he only had 2 practices before the game with the current team. I heard this on Monday’s Bob and Wyman radio show on ESPN 710. Might want to give Clark a slight break with all things considered.
I 'think' it was Pete on Clark: "Here's a helmet - now go play!" was what I think he said in a presser -

I'm 'hoping' week 2 will be better.

LTH

Reaction score
Wow, didn't know that. Quite sure our doctors checked him out and confident that he could be in game shape after a few weeks?
I don't understand why people think Clark is washed up because of the last couple of years .. they thought the same thing about Reed. He is still young . The Seahawks are going to put him in position to be successful he is going to be just fine. I'm really excited about this D line they are brutal!

LTH

bileever

Reaction score
I don't understand why people think Clark is washed up because of the last couple of years .. they thought the same thing about Reed. He is still young . The Seahawks are going to put him in position to be successful he is going to be just fine. I'm really excited about this D line they are brutal!

Yes, when people refer to "the way he played in Denver" or how he hasn't gotten any sacks this year, they don't realize that he hasn't been healthy all year and only played in one whole game. (He played in the Denver-Jets game, but only had 11 snaps.) Hopefully, he is better now and can play like he's capable of playing.

Reactions: LTH

Lagartixa

Reaction score
No reason he shouldn't be. It's not like he was on the couch, dude was in the rotation in Denver for all their games.

I think you're mistaken.

Clark was only on the 48-man game rosters for two games for the Broncos before coming back to the Seahawks.
He was on the roster for the opener on the 10th of September against the Raiders and was on the field for 25 defensive snaps (42% of the team's defensive snaps), in which he was credited with two solo tackles.

He was again on the game-day roster for the game against the Jets on the 8th of October. He was on the field for 11 defensive snaps (17% of the team's defensive snaps).

Clark was inactive (not on the 48-man game-day rosters) for the game against the Commanders and the games in Miami, Chicago, and Kansas City.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Interesting comment - I was so jazzed to have Irvin back - I didn't/don't have any real clue HOW he did!?

I do know that kinda mid-stream he seemed frustrated with the leadership role that was expected of him. I heard him make some comments along the lines of "the kids aren't listening" - or something to that effect.

I guess we'll see this week with Clark.

Bruce actually played very well in the beginning of the season, then tailed off and I think got hurt around week 10? 11?

I think Clark's got something left in the tank if he can get 100%, so we'll see.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
he'll workup this month and still be impactful/sound, and then he'll be Mr. December
That's what alot of people were saying about him earlier in the year when it looked like he 'might' come back -

Dogs the regular season and is a beast for the playoffs.

Initially that sounded like it would suck. Does it now? Not so much for me if that is actually how it goes down.

Maybe I'm cutting him TOO much slack ;)

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He's been cramped up for years I think
Well i was reading a bit about that -

apparently he was badly cramping in the playoffs last year.

dude needs some more electrolytes or water, or something.....