Luke Keuchly retires at age 28

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Shocking to me but I think he may have got some medical advice due to his concussions that drove him this direction. Very good player, sad to see.

Reaction score
Maybe Bobby will finally get the recognition he deserves. But wow, did not expect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Whoa... I'm getting Patrick Willis flashbacks. Keuchly, one of the best and still fairly young but in a way I kinda get it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":9o9aua5w said:
He has had a lot of concussions.

Alot of concussions. The only thing that really surprised me was his age. I thought he was past 30.

Really too bad. Hell of a linebacker. Could've had an Urlacher type career if not for the injuries

slateman77

Reaction score
Sad to hear for sure..!! Every time I hear his name though I'm reminded of him on the sidelines during a game with the Hawks saying..HE'S A LOAD...HE'S A F&^KING LOAD..!! Of course he was talking about Lynch...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kudos to him. It's gotta be very difficult to walk away when you're in your prime with plenty of years left, turning down tens of millions of more dollars.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Surprised but not surprised. One of the guy’s you always respected.
I hope he saved his money and has a good quality of life after football.

Reaction score
Hardest thing to know is when to step away. Hardest decision to make is to step away. Congrats on a heck of an nfl career.!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not suprised...
This is a guy that was crying after getting a concussion during a game.
He played way more than I figured after that.
He gets to enjoy a great life now all before 30.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Heck of a player Luke was /is . Reminded me a lot of Bobby Wagner. They just play the game the right way. Hats off to Mr Kuechly for a great 8 year career

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":2cfpgcei said:
Maybe Bobby will finally get the recognition he deserves. But wow, did not expect that.

He has been getting the recognition he deserves. He's been first team all pro the past 4 seasons (Kuechly twice in that time) and five of the last six years.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":172u45iu said:

Keuchly has gotten a lot of the attention over Bobby, but over the last five years they've either been regarded as equals or even Bobby squeaking out ahead of Luke. Just remember that Luke was a 1st round, 9th overall pick and Bobby was 2nd round, pick 47. Out the gate Luke was going to get more attention, but Bobby proved on the field that he too was a force to be reckoned with.

chrispy

Reaction score
When he started wearing that band around his neck to increase the blood pressure and volume in his head, I think the writing was on the wall. ... not saying anyone expected it, but he was obviously aware of the the risks and trying to adjust for a few years.

xray

Reaction score
I hope he saved up some " rainy day $ " he won't starve I'm betting .

HawkGA

Reaction score
Never have a problem with people walking away early. First off, it's their life so it's not anybody else's place to judge anyway. But also it is completely understandable. The only real issue I see (in general, not talking this specific case) is if somebody signs a big deal with a big signing bonus and then decides to hang it up. They should absolutely give back the un-prorated portion of their signing bonus without complaint.

The only person I was probably sad to see hang it up early and unexpectedly was Barry Sanders. He was such a joy to watch.

Latest posts