Bruce Arians ..... I Already don't like him.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
Yeah I really didn't like that hire for AZ (actually as a Seahawk Fan, I did like that hire for AZ). In this division, feels like they're bringing a knife to a gun fight. Sure he was a feel good story last year, but a feel good story isn't going to look so good after a couple of seasons against PC, Fisher and Harbag.

kearly

Reaction score
Seemed like a very Arizona Cardinals type move. They draft players Mel Kiper likes, and they hire coaches that ESPN likes.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
They're going to regret not giving Horton the gig, IMO.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He's probably got his head up his bum from all the media schlong-sucking he got all year in cancer-man's absence.

Shaz

Reaction score
That was Horton's job and the Cards foolishly gave it away

Welcome to another 5 years of ineptitude for AZ

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I'm still not sure why they didn't get Lovie Smith in AZ, or if they even tried for him. To me that would have been a better choice than Arians.

mikeak

Reaction score
Great for the seahawks. Will be even better if they go for Alex Smith.

Now they will have a coach that wants to go vertical on every play
An o-line that won't hold up
Alex Smith that needs a great o-line and can't go vertical

FANTASTIC FIT

HawkGA

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3byslhee said:
They're going to regret not giving Horton the gig, IMO.

I don't necessarily agree with this. While Horton might well make a good coach, I'm not sure there are a whole lot of instances of an assistant coach being promoted to head coach that has worked out well. I don't have a finger on the cause, I just can't think of any particular case where it worked out well. You could say Seifert in San Fran, I guess but I'm not overly convinced he was a great coach and that he didn't' just inherit a great situation.

drdiags

Reaction score
Mike Martz may have been a little off his rocker, but he didn't do too bad replacing Vermeil. I am not sure but I think Cowher was on Knoll's staff?

Jim Mora for Holmgren didn't go well but the GM had a big hand in creating that environment.