Adam Schefter: Matt Cassel on Cardinals' radar

kearly

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3237/matt-cassel

ESPN's Adam Schefter expects Matt Cassel to be "on the Cardinals' radar," and to draw interest from other teams.

Such an Arizona Cardinally move. With all respect to Andy Reid, this offseason is just proving why the good teams are at the top, and the bad teams are at the bottom. SF kills it with a trade, and teams like KC and Arizona are overlooking Matt Barkley for guys like Alex Smith and Matt Cassel. I guess because USC went 7-6 last year. Genius.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If true, it makes me really happy that we never hired Steve Keim and got Jonny yo be our GM instead. Though Schneider did have his Charlie Whitehurst moment.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
John Schneider has certainly grown as a GM. You are right, Steve Keim would have been a nightmare. Even John Morgan can be right from time to time.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I think Cassel see's the writing on the wall with Smith coming in. I think other teams will use that to lure him into thinking he will compete for a starting position. And he may feel he can take it from someone. Just a hunch.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
travlinhawk":1pg716e3 said:
I think Cassel see's the writing on the wall with Smith coming in.

I think he saw the writing on the wall when he got badly injured and Chiefs fans exploded into cheers (which literally happened). Just a hunch. ;)

mikeak

Reaction score
KC can still draft Barkley but he will not be a successful qb year 1. I think this was a good move for them.

Now Arizona PLEASE get Cassel. It will be a huge upgrade - lol. Our CB's will set the NFL record in picks in one game when we play them with Cassel...

Decimation

Reaction score
Lol Cards are such a mess.. but I have this slight feeling they will draft Geno at #7.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Cassel's probably an insurance policy.

A bad one, like taking out volcano insurance in Maine, but an insurance policy nonetheless.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Hope they sign Cassell and draft Landry Jones, win/win for the rest of the division.

If I was the Cards, I would dump Skelton and Kolb, keep Hoyer as a backup, draft a LT and Matt Barkley then move Levi Brown to left guard. That would instantly make them a tougher. They probably should try and add Bush in FA and draft a big bruiser RB later in the draft too like a LeVon Bell.

mikeak

Reaction score
If I was Arizona Cardinals GM I would give Seattle first, second and third round picks for Flynn and then conditional first, second and third round picks for next year............

But I am a Seahawks fan so I may be partial......

The Outfield

Reaction score
mikeak":3gyaq5tt said:
If I was Arizona Cardinals GM I would give Seattle first, second and third round picks for Flynn and then conditional first, second and third round picks for next year............

But I am a Seahawks fan so I may be partial......

pls become cardinals gm

Rat

Reaction score
There aren't a lot of options out there. I assume Cards brass isn't praying on their knees every night that they're able to sign Matt Cassel, but sadly, he's probably better than what they currently have. I would sign Drew Stanton or Matt Moore before Cassel, though. Jason Campbell is a free agent as well, and I guess I'd rather have him too, although I've bashed him a lot in recent years. I wouldn't want him on this team.

I also think a lot of people are underrating Geno Smith. With how ordinary the top of this draft is perceived to be, I think they could get a surprisingly good deal on a trade up. I'd be on the phone with Jacksonville about the #2 pick (to jump ahead of Oakland).

mikeak

Reaction score
Jason Campbell proves how bad he was last year during the two (or so) starts he had

Matt Moore - agree 100%

Honestly if I was chiefs I would rather have given Seahawks a fourth rounder for Flynn and signed Moore. Now you would have an open competition and two decent and maybe even very good qb's.

Rat

Reaction score
mikeak":2ygayrft said:
Jason Campbell proves how bad he was last year during the two (or so) starts he had
Campbell seems like a legitimately good guy, and you could do much worse if you needed a spot starter for 2-3 games, but something about him has always rubbed me the wrong way. I think it's that he seems to have no leadership skills whatsoever.

kf3339

Reaction score
kearly":3s6a7ddi said:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3237/matt-cassel

ESPN's Adam Schefter expects Matt Cassel to be "on the Cardinals' radar," and to draw interest from other teams.

Such an Arizona Cardinally move. With all respect to Andy Reid, this offseason is just proving why the good teams are at the top, and the bad teams are at the bottom. SF kills it with a trade, and teams like KC and Arizona are overlooking Matt Barkley for guys like Alex Smith and Matt Cassel. I guess because USC went 7-6 last year. Genius.

It's strange how you hear so much talk about Barkley having a bad senior year, yet no one seems to want to talk about just how completely incompetent the SC defense was this last year. The last time I checked, Barkley didn't play a down on defense at all!

People need to put the blame where it belongs for last years SC campaign, and it had nothing to do with Barkley. Not referring to you Kearly.

Uffda

Reaction score
Hmm... On the radar ... like a North Korean nuke or a tornado ?

Well, both would still predict another bad season for the cards I guess..